Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Systemd 243 RC2 Released

Phoronix: Systemd 243 RC2 Released

Released nearly one month ago was the systemd 243 release candidate while the official update has yet to materialize. It looks though like it may be on the horizon with a second release candidate being posted today...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

s.y.s.t.e.m.d.: Systemd Yields Sensible Trolls Endlessly Mistreating Discussions

Comment

Are we playing fun with acronyms?

simple yet sophisticated tool everyone's Mom despises

Comment

i see plenty of Distro's going back or being able to use ( sysvinit )

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
          Are we playing fun with acronyms?

simple yet sophisticated tool everyone's Mom despises
          No he is provoking response, in order to complain about "systemd-haters trolling" afterwards.. And it was first post in the thread ˇˇ
          Indeed "mistreating discussions"..

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
            i see plenty of Distro's going back or being able to use ( sysvinit )
            I tried antiX recently and am surprised at how well it works. I thought that going back to sysvinit might end up causing some trouble, but actually it runs better than the systemd distros I had been running.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post

I tried antiX recently and am surprised at how well it works. I thought that going back to sysvinit might end up causing some trouble, but actually it runs better than the systemd distros I had been running.
              i just get the feeling with systemd it wants to control just about everything it can. question is, will Disto's in the future Ditch Systemd ? only time will tell. there are more init systems out there , is systemd becoming the New Microsoft

Comment

i just get the feeling with systemd it wants to control just about everything it can. question is, will Disto's in the future Ditch Systemd ? only time will tell. there are more init systems out there , is systemd becoming the New Microsoft
                C'mon, here we go with the old chorus...

Comment

question is, will Disto's in the future Ditch Systemd ?
                  MX Linux is a wildly popular and excellent distro that is not using it.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post

MX Linux is a wildly popular and excellent distro that is not using it.
                    So wildly popular I'd never heard of it until your post so i checked Distrowatch and it shows systemd as part of the distribution. So at best its a choice especially as its based on Debian

Comment

Working...
                    X