The Linux Foundation, Intel & Co Form The Confidential Computing Consortium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Panda_Wrist View Post
    Wow! that name for this, and its goals and those companies being behind it. This must be one big joke.
    No doubt. My first though was "that just sounds sketchy AF".

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
      With the possible exception of Red Hat, I don't think any of the others appears in anyone's mind when you talk about transparency.
      Especially with Microsoft and in particular Google. Google's entire business model is for the most part surveillance.

Comment

The list of names could be even more fun - but thanks to LF it is not inclosed.
        The worst nightmare concerning lack of transparency and total surveillance is Apple.
        But regarding the focus on servers it won't play a role - if it would be about toys it's the biggest data and privacy problem.

Comment

So we will see even more firmware and UEFI blobs where we need to fully trust this confidential company consortium?

Comment

Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post
            That is true and I am against it..

But please,
            Until proven otherwise, don't include AMD in the Same BAG, has Intel, please..

Even tough that AMD , have done it *NOT* for ethical Reasons..
            It was AMD that "set you free" of the Itanium( Or HP EPIC ) Vendor Lock In, and another threats..

So even tough, that that agesa is not transparent( and I don't like it.. ),
            I still take AMD in much consideration than Intel.
            You're right, the company funded by the UAE government should be given the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by JMB9 View Post
              The list of names could be even more fun - but thanks to LF it is not inclosed.
              The worst nightmare concerning lack of transparency and total surveillance is Apple.
              But regarding the focus on servers it won't play a role - if it would be about toys it's the biggest data and privacy problem.
              Apple is the worst for privacy? What planet are you on?

Comment

Originally posted by scottishduck View Post
                You're right, the company funded by the UAE government should be given the benefit of the doubt.
                Humm,
                It could be that UAE, in the current situation of running out of oil( because its deposits are running out.. ), probably they are trying to diversify its money assets, instead of only glue all the cards, in the zillion $ figure, with less useful diamonds or gold?

It could be for them that they grew some brain, and are putting their money, in companies that have fast growing markets?
                But I didn't knew of that.. it could make me think twice..

thanks for reporting it!

Comment

Apple and Google are so bad has Microsoft or RedHat, all work for NSA..

Comment

It is a joke, isn't it?

Comment

I hope this is a joke.
                      When Google was accused to do active tracking it admitted it directly and let people switch off.
                      When Apple was accused they just said they never did so - than there was proof.
                      It is also well documented that Apple sold user data to Google - so they really are much worse than Google.
                      Just google for it - on the 1st page I got two articles for non-technical people: "How your iPhone is tracking your every move" or "It’s the middle of the night. Do you know who your iPhone is talking to?".
                      And this is just the tip of the iceberg ...
                      If someone does not know it, he must live in his own special world - not in this universe. But one should envy such people ...

Comment

Working...
                      X