Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oleid
    replied
    Several releases suggests, that it's not new. Actually, first bits were released with kernel 4.1.

Leave a comment:

• anarki2
    replied
    Originally posted by oleid View Post

Let me quote the article:
    That doesn't answer the question, but thanks. The first part is more of being surprised than an actual question. Also, "several releases" is not exactly specific. I'm pretty sure the utils are not (and will never be) part of the kernel.

Leave a comment:

• oleid
    replied
    Originally posted by anarki2 View Post
    Wait what? Fscrypt is becoming part of the kernel? Will the github repo contain just the userspace utils then? Or is that so already?
    Let me quote the article:

While that Fscrypt-based file encryption has been part of the kernel for several releases now, (...)

Leave a comment:

• anarki2
    replied
    Wait what? Fscrypt is becoming part of the kernel? Will the github repo contain just the userspace utils then? Or is that so already?

Leave a comment:

• Girolamo_Cavazzoni
    replied
    Biggest... D...

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Ewic Biggus of Google has been wowking to impwove the key management for fscwypt.

Leave a comment:

• Improved Fscrypt File Encryption Handling Aims For Linux 5.4

Phoronix: Improved Fscrypt File Encryption Handling Aims For Linux 5.4

Fscrypt is the common Linux kernel framework leveraged by the likes of the EXT4, F2FS, and UBIFS file-systems for providing native encryption support. While that Fscrypt-based file encryption has been part of the kernel for several releases now, there's been some shortcomings in how the encryption keys are handled but that should be cleared up for the upcoming Linux 5.4 cycle...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X