Systemd 243 RC1 Brings Its PStore Service, Zen2/RdRand Workaround & More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Systemd 243 RC1 Brings Its PStore Service, Zen2/RdRand Workaround & More

Phoronix: Systemd 243 RC1 Brings Its PStore Service, Zen2/RdRand Workaround & More

Lennart Poettering has made available the first release candidate of the upcoming systemd 243 update. Systemd 243 is a big one in seeing more than 1,700 commits since the April release of systemd 242...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by tildearrow
    Yes!
    After switching to systemd in Q2 2019, and applying some workarounds, I haven't turned back.
    I have plans to migrate my server to systemd soon...
    Welcome to the dark side

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post

Welcome to the dark side
      Dark side? What?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Dark side? What?
        We have cookies

Comment

Originally posted by slalomsk8er View Post

We have cookies
          Huh? This seems very off-topic.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Huh? This seems very off-topic.
            ‘Come to the Dark Side’ (often followed by ‘we have cookies’,) is a popular phrase that has become prevalent online. Online, it is meant to be a tongue-in-cheek catchphrase that supposedly attempts to persuade a person into being an antagonist.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow
              Yes!
              After switching to systemd in Q2 2019, and applying some workarounds, I haven't turned back.
              I have plans to migrate my server to systemd soon...

Comment

The RDRAND workaround is a little worrisome. Why bother with it unless a proper fix is not expected soon? On the other hand, I have read that a new microcode from AMD is expected soon. So what gives?

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
                  The RDRAND workaround is a little worrisome. Why bother with it unless a proper fix is not expected soon? On the other hand, I have read that a new microcode from AMD is expected soon. So what gives?
                  Better safe than sorry, to cover systems from the factory that didn't receive it, etc...

Comment

i hope debian buster/buster-backports will get this. The current systemd-networkd has a bug that prevents networkd from bringing up some ethernet interfaces in linux-5.2+ and it looks like the patches will not be backported to 241

Comment

Working...
                    X