Linux 5.3-rc2 Comes In As Reasonably Large Following The Big Merge Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.3-rc2 Comes In As Reasonably Large Following The Big Merge Window

Phoronix: Linux 5.3-rc2 Comes In As Reasonably Large Following The Big Merge Window

Linus Torvalds just released Linux 5.3-rc2 and sums it up as a "reasonably large rc2 to go with a fairly large merge window."..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

From my own testing, there was something wrong with the generated X.509 certificate. During compilation a key was generated but dmesg showed an error that it wasn't able to load it during boot. I will try it out if they fixed this in RC2.

Comment

the netx arm platform
      I so thought that was a typo. Really freaking glad I Googled "netx arm" first

Comment

Ethernet connection was not working anymore for me when installing 5.3-rc1 (from Ubuntu mainline kernel ppa), even when booting with other kernel versions. Since it was very hot in Belgium this week, I thought my mainboard integrated Ethernet somehow overheated and I was about to buy a PCI card.

Fortunately, removing 5.3-rc1 solved it for all kernels. I tried again mid-week with a daily kernel and the issue was gone.

Comment

Originally posted by ms178 View Post
          From my own testing, there was something wrong with the generated X.509 certificate. During compilation a key was generated but dmesg showed an error that it wasn't able to load it during boot. I will try it out if they fixed this in RC2.
          They fixed this issue but I am now experiencing random lockups which crash the machine with RC2. Getting back to 5.2.4.

Comment

It seems to still have too many regressions. Let's wait a bit more .

Comment

Working...
            X