Linux 5.3-rc2 Comes In As Reasonably Large Following The Big Merge Window

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.3-rc2 Comes In As Reasonably Large Following The Big Merge Window

Phoronix: Linux 5.3-rc2 Comes In As Reasonably Large Following The Big Merge Window

Linus Torvalds just released Linux 5.3-rc2 and sums it up as a "reasonably large rc2 to go with a fairly large merge window."..

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ernel-Released

From my own testing, there was something wrong with the generated X.509 certificate. During compilation a key was generated but dmesg showed an error that it wasn't able to load it during boot. I will try it out if they fixed this in RC2.

Comment

the netx arm platform
      I so thought that was a typo. Really freaking glad I Googled "netx arm" first

Comment

Ethernet connection was not working anymore for me when installing 5.3-rc1 (from Ubuntu mainline kernel ppa), even when booting with other kernel versions. Since it was very hot in Belgium this week, I thought my mainboard integrated Ethernet somehow overheated and I was about to buy a PCI card.

Fortunately, removing 5.3-rc1 solved it for all kernels. I tried again mid-week with a daily kernel and the issue was gone.

Comment

Originally posted by ms178 View Post
          From my own testing, there was something wrong with the generated X.509 certificate. During compilation a key was generated but dmesg showed an error that it wasn't able to load it during boot. I will try it out if they fixed this in RC2.
          They fixed this issue but I am now experiencing random lockups which crash the machine with RC2. Getting back to 5.2.4.

Comment

It seems to still have too many regressions. Let's wait a bit more .

Comment

Working...
            X