Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
    That's still a problem.

Now not even VMs can provide you access to a 32-bit OS. That's just disgusting. I warned this was gonna happen when every idiot was like "just use VMs lol".

One of the purposes of VMs is to run old operating systems. Not just for stupid servers.
    There are other paravirtualized VMs. Running old OSs on desktop is hardly a major use case for Xen. I imagine VirtualBox is a lot more used for that purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
      That's still a problem.

Now not even VMs can provide you access to a 32-bit OS. That's just disgusting. I warned this was gonna happen when every idiot was like "just use VMs lol".

One of the purposes of VMs is to run old operating systems. Not just for stupid servers.
      What's being dropped is support for 32-bit Xen PV guests. PV, as in paravirtualized. As in, you're not going to run a guest OS that doesn't have Xen support on it. Such as, say, win 95 mentioned earlier in this thread. 32-bit guests are still supported for HVM and PVH modes AFAIK. For running unmodified guests, HVM is what you want (although that requires a CPU with hardware virtualization support).

For more info see https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Und...ation_Spectrum

Comment

Working...
      X