No announcement yet.

WireGuard 0.0.20190702 Released For This Cross-Platform Open-Source VPN Tunnel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WireGuard 0.0.20190702 Released For This Cross-Platform Open-Source VPN Tunnel

Phoronix: WireGuard 0.0.20190702 Released For This Cross-Platform Open-Source VPN Tunnel

WireGuard 0.0.20190702 has been released as the newest snapshot for this increasingly popular open-source network VPN tunnel that has showed much potential and has now been ported to all major platforms...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I’m starting to lose hope that this will ever get merged. What a shitshow - one of the cleanest VPN codebases cannot get merged, yet all kinds of other BS gets merged and the horrible IPSec code doesn’t even get removed.

Comment

Do you need anything special on the client side to utilize WireGuard VPN servers?

Comment

Originally posted by anybody View Post
        I’m starting to lose hope that this will ever get merged. What a shitshow - one of the cleanest VPN codebases cannot get merged, yet all kinds of other BS gets merged and the horrible IPSec code doesn’t even get removed.
        That is because wireguard depends in zinc which is 5x bigger codebase, with large parts written in assembly and duplicates code existing in kernel.

Comment

I don't mind if they take their time, as long as it gets done right.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix_anon View Post
            Do you need anything special on the client side to utilize WireGuard VPN servers?
            A working client application.

Comment

Originally posted by anybody View Post
              Why? What's your hope have anything to do with the reality of the matter? There's code to be written. When it's done, patchset will be posted.

Comment

zx2c4 ​​​​two questions if i may:
                has priority shifted from linux to windows?
                do you have some expectations on when it could get mainlined?

Comment

Originally posted by misp View Post
                  zx2c4 ​​​​two questions if i may:
                  has priority shifted from linux to windows?
                  do you have some expectations on when it could get mainlined?
                  Having broad multi-platform support for the VPN protocol, and having it actively used in production environments, lends more weight to the merge request when it's made; and gives it better standing when under review.

Comment

"0.0". Is WireGuard still alpha? Nope! If there won't ever be a 1.0, then why not simply version it like this: 2019.7.2? Much cleaner, and compatible with the Major.Minor.Patch scheme.

Comment

Working...
                    X