Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WireGuard 0.0.20190702 Released For This Cross-Platform Open-Source VPN Tunnel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • WireGuard 0.0.20190702 Released For This Cross-Platform Open-Source VPN Tunnel

    Phoronix: WireGuard 0.0.20190702 Released For This Cross-Platform Open-Source VPN Tunnel

    WireGuard 0.0.20190702 has been released as the newest snapshot for this increasingly popular open-source network VPN tunnel that has showed much potential and has now been ported to all major platforms...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...d-0.0.20190702

  • #2
    I’m starting to lose hope that this will ever get merged. What a shitshow - one of the cleanest VPN codebases cannot get merged, yet all kinds of other BS gets merged and the horrible IPSec code doesn’t even get removed.

    Comment


    • #3
      Do you need anything special on the client side to utilize WireGuard VPN servers?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by anybody View Post
        I’m starting to lose hope that this will ever get merged. What a shitshow - one of the cleanest VPN codebases cannot get merged, yet all kinds of other BS gets merged and the horrible IPSec code doesn’t even get removed.
        That is because wireguard depends in zinc which is 5x bigger codebase, with large parts written in assembly and duplicates code existing in kernel.

        Comment


        • #5
          I don't mind if they take their time, as long as it gets done right.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by phoronix_anon View Post
            Do you need anything special on the client side to utilize WireGuard VPN servers?
            A working client application.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by anybody View Post
              I’m starting to lose hope that this will ever get merged. What a shitshow - one of the cleanest VPN codebases cannot get merged, yet all kinds of other BS gets merged and the horrible IPSec code doesn’t even get removed.
              Why? What's your hope have anything to do with the reality of the matter? There's code to be written. When it's done, patchset will be posted.

              Comment


              • #8
                zx2c4 ​​​​two questions if i may:
                has priority shifted from linux to windows?
                do you have some expectations on when it could get mainlined?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by misp View Post
                  zx2c4 ​​​​two questions if i may:
                  has priority shifted from linux to windows?
                  do you have some expectations on when it could get mainlined?
                  Having broad multi-platform support for the VPN protocol, and having it actively used in production environments, lends more weight to the merge request when it's made; and gives it better standing when under review.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    "0.0". Is WireGuard still alpha? Nope! If there won't ever be a 1.0, then why not simply version it like this: 2019.7.2? Much cleaner, and compatible with the Major.Minor.Patch scheme.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X