NetworkManager Now Supports Making OVS DPDK Interfaces, Other Work For 1.20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NetworkManager Now Supports Making OVS DPDK Interfaces, Other Work For 1.20

Phoronix: NetworkManager Now Supports Making OVS DPDK Interfaces, Other Work For 1.20

NetworkManager 1.19.4 is the newest snapshot of this widely used Linux networking library on its road to version 1.20...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Why do their have to be so many acronyms?

It's embarrassing to say that there are some days where I read the headlines and I'm like "I understand half of words on this page " and I'm happy I managed to decipher what I could it.

Comment

Where can I find the NetworkManager's release notes? I can't find them on gitlab :-/

Comment

Originally posted by totoz View Post
        Where can I find the NetworkManager's release notes? I can't find them on gitlab :-/
        gitlab

They don't make it easily available...changelog then a non-clickable link...

Comment

This DPDK update is a great thing.

The gaming community is really going to grab on to this to cut latency in the network stack.

Getting the same performance in the virtual/container space was a challenge previously but is coming along nicely.

Even Microsoft is coming on board with DPDK for Windows in Windows Server 2019. (merging it with PacketDirect)

Where it will help in the Linux world is in telecom processing where you need very low latency in voice packets and very high CPU cycles for more cps.

What I am afraid of is all of the worlds video and voice chat services will take advantage of it at the desktop, when they really don't need it.

Comment

Working...
          X