Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUSE Reworking Btrfs File-System's Locking Code

Phoronix: SUSE Reworking Btrfs File-System's Locking Code

SUSE continues to back the Btrfs file-system and as part of that investing in new/improved functionality around this Linux file-system once billed as the competitor to ZFS. This week one of the SUSE developers sent out a set of patches implementing a new "DRW" lock and wiring that into the file-system driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Switched to Leap 15.1 with KDE from Debian and Gnome after the latest Debian events. So far very happy with openSUSE, this appear to be much better than what I expected. Using BTRFS too on SSD.

Hell yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by moilami View Post
      Switched to Leap 15.1 with KDE from Debian and Gnome after the latest Debian events. So far very happy with openSUSE, this appear to be much better than what I expected. Using BTRFS too on SSD.

Hell yeah!
      Is there something going on with Debian?

Comment

Originally posted by WolfpackN64 View Post

Is there something going on with Debian?
        Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

They have official stalkers observing people through peep-holes. I don't like the idea that poor volunteer developers are being harassed by fundamentalist snow flakes. I can't do anything about it except change distro I use and install around.

Comment

Originally posted by moilami View Post

They have official stalkers observing people through peep-holes. I don't like the idea that poor volunteer developers are being harassed by fundamentalist snow flakes. I can't do anything about it except change distro I use and install around.
          Triggered?

Comment

Originally posted by tessio View Post

Triggered?
            I don't think so. Just a bit disappointed. There was like 18 good years, it is rather long time. Now new gen has taken over with crazies, I just don't want to take any part on it. Good luck and have fun, we did, most of all we had fun.

Comment

I've had a try at their Tumbleweed version. It's quite nice. The btrfs setup is great and extra configuration possibilities of Yast are very appreciated

Comment

Using both Tumbleweed and Leap 15.1 and Btrfs now works really well, I no longer have the problems I once had. They are doing a great job and being able to restore the system after a bad update or some problems is great!

Comment

I had my first bad btrfs experience recently. 4 disk raid 5 and 4 disk raid10 - 1tb SMR drives - access latency was > 200ms (which is obviously not cool) - had to drop back to a 4 disk md raid 10 with ext4.

i was a sad panda

Comment

openSUSE is fine, and their mascot especially cool on the lower left corner.

Comment

Working...
                    X