Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.2-rc2 Kernel Released As The "Golden Lions"

Phoronix: Linux 5.2-rc2 Kernel Released As The "Golden Lions"

Linus Torvalds has just released Linux 5.2-rc2 as the first kernel test release following the closure of the merge window last week and subsequent RC1...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That's the famous lion: https://satwcomic.com/proud-finland

Comment

What's the story with amdgpu bulk moves? Looks like that feature got abandoned, since it didn't make it in several kernel releases already.

Comment

Epic feat from Finland yesterday. Total team underdog compared to all the pros in Sweden, Russia and in the end Canada.
        Go Sisu!

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
          Desktop users are second class citizen again. No Bluetooth fix but lvm&dm-crypt fix.
          https://lore.kernel.org/linux-blueto...tmann.org/T/#u
          Another patch that is missing is this:
          http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail...il/023258.html
          Considering that many desktop distro installs use dm and the bug resulted in some pretty nasty data loss, I wouldn't say desktop users were "second class citizen[s]".

Comment

Originally posted by tchiwam View Post
            That's the famous lion: https://satwcomic.com/proud-finland
            At first I thought he was alluding to the Lannisters

Comment

This is a release candidate of the upstream development kernel. The "desktop users" you are talking about uses their distribution's pre-packaged kernel that is tried and tested. As usual your only contribution to this board is negative criticism about things you don't understand at all.

Comment

I understand things better than many others including you.

Ubuntu publish mainline kernel packages;
                Is the mainline ppa and mainline kernel automatically installed on a regular Ubuntu desktop? No, so it's pretty obvious that you don't actually understand.

You don't understand that lvm&dm-crypt patch was accepted in a couple of days.
                What's there to understand? It's done when it's done. You're a complete idiot if you think bleeding edge Linux RC's should be guaranteed to work with everything and should be installed by "desktop users".

Bluetooth and nvme users need to wait forever. I do not like to run my patch file when creating custom Debian kernel packages for my public gaming distribution.
                Nobody is using your imaginary gaming distribution. At least they shouldn't be using it, even inside your fantasy.

Real distributions ship with working bluetooth, and they maintain their own patches when needed.

These kernels are not supported and are not appropriate for production use.
                This should be obvious, but they have documented it and it still doesn't compute in your limited brain.
                Last edited by arokh; 27 May 2019, 06:23 AM.

Comment

I understand things better than many others including you.

Ubuntu publish mainline kernel packages;

You don't understand that lvm&dm-crypt patch was accepted in a couple of days. Bluetooth and nvme users need to wait forever. I do not like to run my patch file when creating custom Debian kernel packages for my public gaming distribution.
                  So if I understand you correctly, you are saying patches to fix old bluetooth devices not connecting correctly and patches to fix a suspend issuse... Are far more important than patches that fix a data corruption bug.

Did it ever occur to you that, the lvm&dm-crypt patch got accepted so quickly was because losing peoples data is a terrible thing. So that patch got looked over and tested very quickly to fix that very very important issue.

But let me guess, lvm & dm-crypt can be added to the list of things people must never use. IBM, Google, Amazon, Redhat, SuSe, Microsoft, Fedora, Nvidia, systemd, NetworkManager, PulseAudio, Gnome3, Wayland, KDE Plasma, Mate, Lxqt, (every DE that has ever existed and will exist in the future expect for the absolutely perfect no bugs whats so ever XFCE), (Any Distro that is not Debian Sid/Testing with padoka ppa using a custom non debugging 1000hz amd wip kernel.), Firefox, Chrome. What else is there,... hmm oh Free Software Foundation is also bad because they are destroying desktop linux by saying your AMD hardware is not respecting your freedom.

debianxfce who else is trying to destory desktop linux?? I am very curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Panda_Wrist View Post

debianxfce who else is trying to destory desktop linux?? I am very curious.
                    Barack Obama, Miley Cyrus, Fox News, CNN, Linus Torvalds, Dick Cheney, Sarah Sanders, Colonel Sanders, Elon Musk, the Hamburglar, the color blue, Jupiter's moon Ganymede, the cast of 90210, and Domino's Pizza.

Comment

Working...
                    X