systemd Clocks In At More Than 1.2 Million Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by msotirov
    I know but I never get the kind of weird edge cases and issues with macOS that I get with Linux specifically thanks to systemd. Like, I never have to even care about what process boots up macOS and manages its services.
    Well Apple controls every part of the chain so can optimize the services and make sure they all work well with eachother.

Comment

Ever since I removed systemd my computer has been faster than ever. I boot into the grub shell which provides all the tools you need and follows the unix philosophy.

Comment

Originally posted by retardxfce View Post
        Ever since I removed systemd my computer has been faster than ever. I boot into the grub shell which provides all the tools you need and follows the unix philosophy.
        why don't you go upstairs and ask your mom if you can go and play outside, the fresh air will do you good.

Comment

For any actual concerned user that is late to this git ignorant troll fest, don't pay attention to the title since is troll bait.

Actually the repository is 1.2 Million LoC but a huge chunk(as 50%+ of that number) of that is documentation and HWDB entries for UDEV not actual C code, also a huge chunk of the actual C code is for build bots, test units and other self testing infrastructure

So you actual concerned users you guys can sleep without worries, systemd is not bigger than the kernel or anything like it and you should actually feel better knowing documentation has massively improved same as the automated unit testing which is very good

Comment

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
            For any actual concerned user that is late to this git ignorant troll fest, don't pay attention to the title since is troll bait.

Actually the repository is 1.2 Million LoC but a huge chunk(as 50%+ of that number) of that is documentation and HWDB entries for UDEV not actual C code, also a huge chunk of the actual C code is for build bots, test units and other self testing infrastructure

So you actual concerned users you guys can sleep without worries, systemd is not bigger than the kernel or anything like it and you should actually feel better knowing documentation has massively improved same as the automated unit testing which is very good
            How much money did IBM pay you to make this post? Systemd is 1 million times bigger than the Linux Kernel.

Comment

Originally posted by retardxfce View Post

How much money did IBM pay you to make this post? Systemd is 1 million times bigger than the Linux Kernel.
              So the kernel is only 1.2 lines? That's very fucking impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

So the kernel is only 1.2 lines? That's very fucking impressive.
                Anything can be solved in one line. You just have to start writing faaaaar to the left

Comment

Originally posted by Bsdisbetter View Post

Even better:
                  FreeBSD is an operating system used to power modern servers, desktops, and embedded platforms.

or for those who can't stand a command line (softies!):
                  https://www.ghostbsd.org/download
                  Even better:

Comment

This monster. will implode some day..
                    Seems that the Linux Community lost focus, KISS, objectivity.

In a pair of years...unfortunately, we will have to create a real init system... to correct the mistakes of almost a decade of craziest things that have been allowed..

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
                      I went to AutoZone, bought an ODB2 reader, plugged it into the car's port, and it I couldn't figure out how to operate the ODB2 reader.

Solution?

A.: "buy a new car"

Also, you got pissed that it resets the connection during a full upgrade where most sane installers stop and restart daemons....really?.
                      "I usually leave my car on idle all the time since it's so convenient. Last time I left my car at the mechanic to change the exhaust they had the guts to stop the car while repairing it and then starting it up again! My god I'll never take it to a mechanic again, I'll just buy a new one."

Comment

Working...
                      X