X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• discordian
    replied
    Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

So the kernel is only 1.2 lines? That's very fucking impressive.
    Anything can be solved in one line. You just have to start writing faaaaar to the left

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by retardxfce View Post

How much money did IBM pay you to make this post? Systemd is 1 million times bigger than the Linux Kernel.
    So the kernel is only 1.2 lines? That's very fucking impressive.

Leave a comment:

• retardxfce
    replied
    Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
    For any actual concerned user that is late to this git ignorant troll fest, don't pay attention to the title since is troll bait.

Actually the repository is 1.2 Million LoC but a huge chunk(as 50%+ of that number) of that is documentation and HWDB entries for UDEV not actual C code, also a huge chunk of the actual C code is for build bots, test units and other self testing infrastructure

So you actual concerned users you guys can sleep without worries, systemd is not bigger than the kernel or anything like it and you should actually feel better knowing documentation has massively improved same as the automated unit testing which is very good
    How much money did IBM pay you to make this post? Systemd is 1 million times bigger than the Linux Kernel.

Leave a comment:

• jrch2k8
    replied
    For any actual concerned user that is late to this git ignorant troll fest, don't pay attention to the title since is troll bait.

Actually the repository is 1.2 Million LoC but a huge chunk(as 50%+ of that number) of that is documentation and HWDB entries for UDEV not actual C code, also a huge chunk of the actual C code is for build bots, test units and other self testing infrastructure

So you actual concerned users you guys can sleep without worries, systemd is not bigger than the kernel or anything like it and you should actually feel better knowing documentation has massively improved same as the automated unit testing which is very good

Leave a comment:

• rtfazeberdee
    replied
    Originally posted by retardxfce View Post
    Ever since I removed systemd my computer has been faster than ever. I boot into the grub shell which provides all the tools you need and follows the unix philosophy.
    why don't you go upstairs and ask your mom if you can go and play outside, the fresh air will do you good.

Leave a comment:

• retardxfce
    replied
    Ever since I removed systemd my computer has been faster than ever. I boot into the grub shell which provides all the tools you need and follows the unix philosophy.

Leave a comment:

• Britoid
    replied
    Originally posted by msotirov
    I know but I never get the kind of weird edge cases and issues with macOS that I get with Linux specifically thanks to systemd. Like, I never have to even care about what process boots up macOS and manages its services.
    Well Apple controls every part of the chain so can optimize the services and make sure they all work well with eachother.

Leave a comment:

• retardxfce
    replied
    Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Better life with:
    sudo apt install wicd
    sudo apt remove networkmanager
    sudo apt remove linux-kernel
    sudo apt install gnu-hurd
    sudo apt delete debianxfce

IBM, Redhat, Intel, Microsoft and Google are the biggest contributors do the Linux Kernel, so as a true XFCE enthusiast I do not use the Linux Kernel, instead I use GNU-HURD. I also dont use Debian which has systemd.

Originally posted by Britoid View Post

systemd is a clone of launchd, which is used on OS X.

in-fact, poettering even mentioned that launchd was the inspiration for systemd
    And MAC OSX is a clone of XFCE.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by ThiagoCMC View Post
    ????????????????
    Some other day a few weeks ago, for the first time in ~ 20 years, I had to buy a new car because I could not figure out why the 'check engine' light was on and I didn't know what to do to fix it.

I went to AutoZone, bought an ODB2 reader, plugged it into the car's port, and it I couldn't figure out how to operate the ODB2 reader.

Solution?

A.: "buy a new car"

Also, you got pissed that it resets the connection during a full upgrade where most sane installers stop and restart daemons....really? How stupid are you? Next time, try my method of "run the minimal amount of software necessary during a frickin OS upgrade for any OS".

Leave a comment:

• Britoid
    replied
    Originally posted by msotirov
    systemd is one of the things that make me not feel guilty when I use macOS.
    systemd is a clone of launchd, which is used on OS X.

in-fact, poettering even mentioned that launchd was the inspiration for systemd

Leave a comment:

Working...
X