X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ironmask
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

You know how PC DOS (precursor to MS-DOS, which itself is precursor to FreeDOS) was created by IBM, right?
    Actually PC-DOS is just a rebranded MS-DOS which was itself a rebranded 86-DOS which was inspired by the independently-created CP/M. IBM had nothing to do with DOS besides rebranding it.
    Although your post is kind of silly anyway since xfcedebian is just a parody account.

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Originally posted by xfcedebian View Post

Agreed! Personally, I think IBM synthesized Linus Torvalds as a sleeper agent to make Linux just so it could get popular and crush all our hopes and dreams when they destroy it with Wayland and Systemd.
    I'm not falling for it though, because I recently found this amazing operating system called FreeDOS. It can't run Xfce (big L right there) but it's faster and more lightweight than any IBM-muddled Linux distribution, now I'm using it right now (posting from an Arachne browser, which looks a lot like Xfce, so I'm cool with it)
    You know how PC DOS (precursor to MS-DOS, which itself is precursor to FreeDOS) was created by IBM, right?

Leave a comment:

• GunpowaderGuy
    replied
    can not wait for the arrival of match as a language feature . Btw has anyone used one of library based c++ pattern matching implementations ?

Leave a comment:

• Delgarde
    replied
    Originally posted by cl333r View Post
    In Rust switch matching is exhaustive
    It is, though Rust pattern matching is in general a lot more sophisticated than simple switch statements. A few other modern languages offer similar features... Kotlin, Go, etc. It's kind of frustrating sometimes, having to use those more primitive tools...

Leave a comment:

• xfcedebian
    replied
    Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

Read a little closer, xfcedebian does nothing but mock debianxfce. Whoever's doing it is pretty funny.
    Maybe you should read a little closer. I have no idea why anyone would mock such a wonderful, talented, wise, insightful man like debianxfce. He hasn't lost a single argument here, even when people post proof that he's wrong, he's just that smart. I even met him in class once. That class's name? Albert Einstein 101.

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

debianxfce, you created a secondary account with your username backwards just to boost your posts? How pathetic...
    Read a little closer, xfcedebian does nothing but mock debianxfce. Whoever's doing it is pretty funny.

Leave a comment:

• Aeder
    replied
    Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

debianxfce, you created a secondary account with your username backwards just to boost your posts? How pathetic...
    That would be too obvious, and given the sardonic tone in the reply, it seems to be an account someone else made to mock him.

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by xfcedebian View Post

Agreed! Personally, I think IBM synthesized Linus Torvalds as a sleeper agent to make Linux just so it could get popular and crush all our hopes and dreams when they destroy it with Wayland and Systemd.
    I'm not falling for it though, because I recently found this amazing operating system called FreeDOS. It can't run Xfce (big L right there) but it's faster and more lightweight than any IBM-muddled Linux distribution, now I'm using it right now (posting from an Arachne browser, which looks a lot like Xfce, so I'm cool with it)

Leave a comment:

• cl333r
    replied
    In Rust switch matching is exhaustive

Leave a comment:

• Delgarde
    replied
    Originally posted by Ironmask View Post
    I'm so used to other programming languages not just having this on by default but being enforced on the programmer.
    C is quite a beast. I'm glad they're moving towards verifiable code, it's the biggest thing L4 fans have been wanting for eons. Myself being one.
    Yes, it's configured as a fatal error in my Java IDE... fall-through is permitted only for cases that do nothing apart from the fall-through.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X