Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WireGuard Didn't Make It Into Linux 5.2 Due To Windows Port, But That Is Now Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok....damn, y'all. It's not desktop Linux. Does it make you happy now?

And name three actual Android phones that run an unmodified mainline kernel or will even run 5.2 with various Android tweaks. Exactly.

Comment

I don't mind either way. Jason has good instincts, and I think WireGuard is much more useful with broader initial platform support, even at the expense of mainlining.

Comment

Why do I get the feeling that Linus is going to tell this ass dragging dev to F off.

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post
          I don't mind either way. Jason has good instincts, and I think WireGuard is much more useful with broader initial platform support, even at the expense of mainlining.
          Nothing is "a the expense of" anything, really. I wrote code for a different platform for a few weeks. Relax.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoreauHD View Post
            Why do I get the feeling that Linus is going to tell this ass dragging dev to F off.
            Linus has shown nothing but positivity towards Wireguard and its dev.

Comment

Also, Linux support, while not mainlined, exists from the very beginning (in a form of patches on ml at minimum). It makes sense to provide other initial ports meanwhile.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoreauHD View Post
                because you have unsolved daddy issues.

Torvalds does not give a shit about the time it takes. Whenever it's ready and good enough he will merge it.

Comment

Originally posted by zx2c4 View Post
                  Nothing is "a the expense of" anything, really. I wrote code for a different platform for a few weeks. Relax.
                  Heheh, I didn't mean to say anything negative and it still goes that way. I meant to say that I appreciate it either way, especially recently since I'm working with some people who are unlikely to stop using Windows, and I'm looking forward to being able to use WireGuard to get them on our network.

I'm guessing the OpenBSD folks haven't come to do their own WireGuard impl. since IPSec is generally not painful on OpenBSD.
                  Last edited by microcode; 10 May 2019, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post
                    I'm guessing the OpenBSD folks haven't come to do their own WireGuard impl. since IPSec is generally not painful on OpenBSD.

IPsec sucks period. As a very long time OpenBSD developer/user I would love to have something other than awful IPsec and crappy OpenVPN.

Comment

Working...
                    X