Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XFS In Linux 5.2 Gets "A Big Pile Of New Stuff"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • XFS In Linux 5.2 Gets "A Big Pile Of New Stuff"

    Phoronix: XFS In Linux 5.2 Gets "A Big Pile Of New Stuff"

    While EXT4 in Linux 5.2 sees (optional) case insensitive file-name/directory support, the XFS file-system is seeing "a big pile of new stuff" introduced albeit it's made up of a lot of fixes and some new functionality...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-Pile-Of-Stuff

  • #2
    Meanwhile BTRFS is in stone age, latency and responsiveness is still bad when there's lots of random background I/O and overall performance leaves more to desire.

    Comment


    • #3
      Would be nice to know if any of these xfs improvements are in rhel8 already. Maybe one of the rh summit talks will explain.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by hax0r View Post
        Meanwhile BTRFS is in stone age, latency and responsiveness is still bad when there's lots of random background I/O and overall performance leaves more to desire.
        I do not even know when is btrbk backuping my snapshots, can even put a dedup in background and go watch a movie in Netflix it is completely unnoticeable. Maybe you are talking about HDD?

        Comment


        • #5
          Most likely he is talking out of his ass. Performance is great here.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by RomuloP View Post

            I do not even know when is btrbk backuping my snapshots, can even put a dedup in background and go watch a movie in Netflix it is completely unnoticeable. Maybe you are talking about HDD?
            he is a known bsd fanboy. His duties involve shitting on btrfs.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by pegasus View Post
              Would be nice to know if any of these xfs improvements are in rhel8 already. Maybe one of the rh summit talks will explain.
              Seems kinda unlikely considering how conservative RHEL is

              Comment

              Working...
              X