Linux 5.1 Should Be Released Today With IO_uring, Faster zRAM, More Icelake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.1 Should Be Released Today With IO_uring, Faster zRAM, More Icelake

Phoronix: Linux 5.1 Should Be Released Today With IO_uring, Faster zRAM, More Icelake

Linus Torvalds will be celebrating Cinco de Mayo today with the anticipated release of the Linux 5.1 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

No rust in there yet :/

Comment

Originally posted by elatllat View Post
      No rust in there yet :/
      Are you disappointed?

Comment

I'm not sure why Michael keeps reporting on the changes pertaining to the support of the Ice Lake uArch. It hasn't yet been released and Intel hasn't even announced when they are going to release CPUs based on it. 10nm has been postponed/delayed/rescheduled so many times I'm afraid Intel will skip this node altogether and move straight to the 7nm node. Yeah, I know about the minute qualities of Cannon Lake CPUs which were only released to placate their investors and share holders.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
          I'm not sure why Michael keeps reporting on the changes pertaining to the support of the Ice Lake uArch. It hasn't yet been released and Intel hasn't even announced when they are going to release CPUs based on it. 10nm has been postponed/delayed/rescheduled so many times I'm afraid Intel will skip this node altogether and move straight to the 7nm node. Yeah, I know about the minute qualities of Cannon Lake CPUs which were only released to placate their investors and share holders.
          this summer there is ice lake laptops launching

Comment

That's a negative, Ghostrider. The pattern is full.

Comment

Nice!
              I hope Clear Linux will pick it up. FUSE improvements isn't something to sneeze at.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoreauHD View Post
                That's a negative, Ghostrider. The pattern is full.

https://cdn.kernel.org/pub/linux/ker...angeLog-5.0.13
                https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux...20cd2b6c70dbdd ?

Comment

Originally posted by ihatemichael
                  People with a brain don't drink the Rust "silver bullet" kool-aid.
                  There is a tiny bit of Rust in there though. Just not actual code. So can perf demangle Rust symbol names (see .../tools/perf/util/demangle-rust.c).

Comment

Freesync is still disabled with Ubuntu's mainline 5.1 final. Hopefully they will switch it back on at some point.
                    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
                    Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

Working...
                    X