SQLite 3.28 Released With More Feature Additions, Performance Enhancements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQLite 3.28 Released With More Feature Additions, Performance Enhancements

Phoronix: SQLite 3.28 Released With More Feature Additions, Performance Enhancements

SQLite 3.28 is now the latest version of this widely-used, embed-friendly cross-platform database library...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Really wonder what is wrong with them using this bizarre versioning: 3280000 seriously? Can they not simply call it 3.28 like mere mortals do and people can read and usual version parsing and comprising code can understand? :-/

Comment

Originally posted by rene View Post
      Really wonder what is wrong with them using this bizarre versioning: 3280000 seriously? Can they not simply call it 3.28 like mere mortals do and people can read and usual version parsing and comprising code can understand? :-/
      See:

Comment

Originally posted by Bsdisbetter View Post
        does not really make it better, is naming the exported tarball version in a human readable form that difficult?

Comment

Still using that "type affinity" insanity with no option for normal data types. Moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Aleksei View Post
            Still using that "type affinity" insanity with no option for normal data types. Moving on.
            Yes, totally change its design philosophy for one potential user....

Comment

does not really make it better, is naming the exported tarball version in a human readable form that difficult?
              It's pretty self explanatory. I'm not seeing how this is a deal breaker. I can't be human 'cause i can read it...

Comment

Originally posted by bsdisbetter View Post

it's pretty self explanatory. I'm not seeing how this is a deal breaker. I can't be human 'cause i can read it...
                sothisiswhyallotherproejctusereasonableformatedver sionnumbersandwealsousepunctuationintext,..?

LOL eventhisforumsoftwareapparetnlysplitslongtextatsom eabritraryinterval? ;-)

Comment

sothisiswhyallotherproejctusereasonableformatedver sionnumbersandwealsousepunctuationintext,..?

L/OL eventhisforumsoftwareapparetnlysplitslongtextatsom eabritraryinterval? ;-)
                  ???
                  Well it's lucky you don't use it as it's far too confusing for you.
                  Have a lie down and relax; use a database that has a convention in numbering that makes you feel less challenged.
                  FYI: as an example, the rpm says sqlite2-2.8.17-20.fc26.i686.rpm so it doesn't challenge you too much , now does it?

Comment

Well naming the tarball in this way makes it easier for automated downloads.

Comment

Working...
                    X