No announcement yet.

Reiser4 Brought To The Linux 5.0 Kernel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it should be mentioned that the erasure of people, as well as events, from history is a time-tested tool used by totalitarian states and dictators.

But perhaps to bring a touch of perspective... seriously, folks, why has no one mentioned

https://montypython.fandom.com/wiki/...ad_by-election

Comment

Originally posted by sdack View Post
      Of course when you're still using spinning hard disks then get rid of those first.
      HDDs have higher capacity than SSDs per drive. It will take some time (years) for SSDs to make HDDs obsolete in terms of capacity and in terms of cost-per-gigabyte. In my opinion, the tipping point will coincide with the emergence of 512/1024-layer SSD manufacturing technologies.

Comment

Yeah I’m a “social justice warrior” because I can’t fathom why they would continue to develop a half assed filesystem and continue to name it after it’s murdering creator. Yeah, you are a sociopath.

Comment

Originally posted by cmsigler View Post
          I think it should be mentioned that the erasure of people, as well as events, from history is a time-tested tool used by totalitarian states and dictators.
          All the more reason to remember the victim above all else.

Comment

I would just say, fork it, rename it to what ever you want and make the necessary changes it needs and be done. Isn't that what is so great about open source?

Comment

Originally posted by hreindl View Post
              offensive in what way?

you need to learn distinct between technical stuff and private life
              And you need to learn that, in this case, 'technical stuff' and 'private stuff' are both connected with an atrocious crime.
              Because the person in both cases are the same, and the problems were exactly what you call 'technical stuff'..

This is not an ordinary case,
              There are even television series about it,
              It was an 'atomic bomb' that was dropped in the OpenSource Community, previously known for the good values the community had..

Comment

Originally posted by sdack View Post
                It doesn't matter, because these still are only the motives of the murderer. We cannot allow him to have any further influence on history, either directly or indirectly. What matters is that she deserves to be remembered. As long as the file system is kept around the more important it becomes. As you can see do people still remember him, and they remember the crime, but who remembers her? And that's my point. When people then ask about the name NinaFS then people can tell her story and she gets to be remembered first and not him.
                Your point is good, indeed!

I think I agree in renaming it for NinaFS too..

Comment

Originally posted by cmsigler View Post
                  Well, its completely on contrary..
                  Look what happens when athletes are using doping, like Lance Armstrong, and zillions of others out there?
                  They are dropped from the books of history, medals attributed to the second positions and so on..
                  When a big scandal happens in a company involving its owners , they step down, and in a lot of cases, company even change its name, depending of the crimes committed..sponsors go away, and so on..

But when some one do something atrocious, its worst..
                  Does you remember were is the South African athlete guy that kill is girl friend,
                  yeah Iscar Pistorius, he was erased from sport, dropped from events, sponsors, and so one...he his today worst than a "no one other animal out there"..erased completely!

And his crime was not saw, as so tragic has this one, ( if we can attribute levels of atrocious acts.. maybe not ).

To try to preserve values, that entities at least demonstrate,
                  Companies, Communities, Events, Sponsors and so one, cut off that "animal beans" from history..

What is the company, or community, that wants to be associated with ReiserFS ..??

This is called a Civilised Society..

Comment

Originally posted by edwaleni View Post
                    I would just say, fork it, rename it to what ever you want and make the necessary changes it needs and be done. Isn't that what is so great about open source?
                    The people who get outraged by things in the open source community rarely do any actual programming.

Comment

Originally posted by Templar82 View Post

The people who get outraged by things in the open source community rarely do any actual programming.
                      Yup.
                      Any one of them could fork it tomorrow and call it "NinaFS" or whatever, but none of them will do squat.

Comment

Working...
                      X