Linux 5.1-rc4 Released - The Kernel Is Looking Good At Its Half-Way Point

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    I know it's too late but leaving this here for the future generations: migrating from UEFI to Legacy should not require a reinstall.

Just boot SuperGrubDisk2 https://www.supergrubdisk.org/super-grub2-disk/ in UEFI or Legacy (whatever you want to migrate into), then scan for and boot your system, and then from there you can just uninstall GRUB and install the right kind of GRUB you need for UEFI or Legacy boot.
    Maybe I explained myself wrong, now everything works fine and the messages are gone, I chose to install in legacy mode, because I read that my bios uefi has some bugs. However now all is well. A greeting.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie68 View Post
      I chose to install in legacy mode, because I read that my bios uefi has some bugs.
      I meant that you can migrate the same Linux install from UEFI to Legacy boot without reinstalling.

There is no need to reinstall the whole distro like you have to do with Windows (technically in Win10 there is a tool to do a live-upgrade from legacy to UEFI, but not the reverse).

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post

I meant that you can migrate the same Linux install from UEFI to Legacy boot without reinstalling.

There is no need to reinstall the whole distro like you have to do with Windows (technically in Win10 there is a tool to do a live-upgrade from legacy to UEFI, but not the reverse).
        That wasn't the reason I had reinstalled, I reinstalled because I had to change hard disk.

Comment

Working...
        X