LXD 3.12 Released With Cluster Improvements, Better CPU & GPU Reporting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LXD 3.12 Released With Cluster Improvements, Better CPU & GPU Reporting

Phoronix: LXD 3.12 Released With Cluster Improvements, Better CPU & GPU Reporting

For those making use of Canonical's LXD project for Linux containers, version 3.12 is now available ahead of this month's Ubuntu 19.04 release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I LOVE LXC/LXD
    i use it on proxmox and i use one of my lxd container to nested hosting a docker ... it was never so easy to backup and restore than now
    proxmox->lxd->docker->portainer
    nearly no overhead and fast as hell and its so clean u can move the complete dockerhost around inside of the lxd container or create templates ...

Comment

Originally posted by gorgone View Post
      I LOVE LXC/LXD
      i use it on proxmox and i use one of my lxd container to nested hosting a docker ... it was never so easy to backup and restore than now
      proxmox->lxd->docker->portainer
      nearly no overhead and fast as hell and its so clean u can move the complete dockerhost around inside of the lxd container or create templates ...

Ditto. LXC/LXD is essential to my workflow. I have containers populated with my development tools and the necessary environment, I also use Kali in containers for reverse engineering and application penetration testing. The performance and ease of use are an absolute breeze, nothing comes even close. I know it's fashionable to bash Canonical but for this, I say thank you to them for carrying this project and doing such a good job with it.

Comment

Not sure if the both previous comments were sarcastic or not...

Comment

no, that's my full serious.

Comment

Working...
          X