Systemd 242 Gearing Up For Release With XBOOTLDR Support, Other New Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frank007 View Post

One step closer to a "linux system administrators only OS". How much?
    Next time you feel like commenting on something you are clueless about, stop and think, "y tho?"

Comment

I fully support systemd and hope they continue to add exciting new features and capalities to make it the most advanced and powerful and capable init system. Hopefully with future releases we will see even more exciting and new capabilities to make Linux even more powerful and versatile. A big hearty thank you to Lennart and everyone else on the systemd team for all you have done to add so much power and flexibility to Linux that has made it truly a powerful, enterprise grade, industrial strength, versatile operating system environment.

Comment

Originally posted by hreindl View Post

just because idiots like you don't realize the benefits for atomic setups don't mean that they are closed
        well, it's not for your idiotic desktop machine, so you won't be affected anyways
        Understood, I'm only a stupid Linux user since 1999.

Comment

Originally posted by brrrrttttt View Post
          Next time you feel like commenting on something you are clueless about, stop and think, "y tho?"
          Sorry, I do not understand your comment. Can you rewrite it in legal English?

Comment

Originally posted by jpg44 View Post
            I fully support systemd and hope they continue to add exciting new features and capalities to make it the most advanced and powerful and capable init system. Hopefully with future releases we will see even more exciting and new capabilities to make Linux even more powerful and versatile. A big hearty thank you to Lennart and everyone else on the systemd team for all you have done to add so much power and flexibility to Linux that has made it truly a powerful, enterprise grade, industrial strength, versatile operating system environment.
            I'm not sure that the integrated subsystem systemd+dbus+udev is the right solution for 'a better Linux OS'.
            I remember when the command 'chmod +s somefile' was the only command to let users do what they want. Obviously, being too simple, someone thought that that command was dangerous. I remember also Hal (Hardware Abstraction Layer), which made things simple; obviously, being too simple, someone thought it was dangerous. I'm not saying that "+s" and Hal were the best solution, I'm only saying that when a thing is too simple someone decides to eliminate it and magically very complex alternatives appear. Beleiving that a monolithic Linux OS is the right way is to forget what features made Linux big. I hope that old init systems will be always supported by programmers, and I hope FreeBSD will never adopt such things, just to have an alternative to a future monolithic Linux OS.
            (Android is not Linux)

Comment

Originally posted by hreindl View Post

yes you are a stupid Linux user since 1999, I am a smart Linux user since 1999 which did not stay in 1999 forever
              You aren't.

Comment

(Android is not Linux)
                Android is no less Linux than any other OS using Linux kernel.

Comment

You aren't.
                  yes he is

Comment

Understood, I'm only a stupid Linux user since 1999.
                    Not only are you stupid. you are clinically retarded. 20 years and you still haven't grasped the concept of the GPL or the whole point of Linux to begin with. There can never be a closed source Linux as the license prevents it. I installed Linux on floppies in 97 on the steaming pile of horseshit that Slackware was/is and managed to recompile the 2.0.x kernel to enable my ne2k compatible network card. Without any internet. You're sitting here in 2019 with google at your fingertips and don't even know wtf the GPL is.

(Android is not Linux)
                    Holy fucking shit, you are so stupid you should be denied internet access to prevent your stupidness to spread. Please add your network driver to your distributions (Devuan?) blacklist right away.
                    Last edited by arokh; 04 April 2019, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by arokh View Post

Not only are you stupid. you are clinically retarded. 20 years and you still haven't grasped the concept of the GPL or the whole point of Linux to begin with. There can never be a closed source Linux as the license prevents it. I installed Linux on floppies in 97 on the steaming pile of horseshit that Slackware was/is and managed to recompile the 2.0.x kernel to enable my ne2k compatible network card. Without any internet. You're sitting here in 2019 with google at your fingertips and don't even know wtf the GPL is.

Holy fucking shit, you are so stupid you should be denied internet access to prevent your stupidness to spread. Please add your network driver to your distributions (Devuan?) blacklist right away.
                      Even you have the right to talk.

Comment

Working...
                      X