GNU Nano 4.0 Text Editor Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hi-Angel View Post
    I wasn't implying otherwise. Sure, for small edits anything goes (although "small" is a vague amount. If you edit more than a single line in a config, vim might speed up you work; but obviously you need to be proficient in it). And sure, if Eclipse suits you well, why should you be concerned about moving from it other than plain curiosity. I am not trying to recruit you into vim/emacs users, I simply reflected a specific thrust.
    I don't think hreindl is being serious. If you read their first comment you replied to, it's a perfect troll comment. I think they like to cause drama and division. They act the same in most the threads I see them in.

Comment

Originally posted by cybertraveler View Post
      I don't think hreindl is being serious.
      oh my sweet summer child.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
        oh my sweet summer child.
        Feeling big?

Comment

Feeling big?
          feeling small?

Comment

feeling small?
            Is that what you want?

Seems like you're playing the big man game. Arogantly flexing on a tech forum. I sense a lot of ego in you man. It's ugly. You don't need to be that way.

I have observed that hreindl is always creating and maintaining long arguments on this forum. I offered Hi-Angel my perspective that hreindl may be trolling so that they could choose to avoid getting into a long and probably fruitless argument with hreindl if they wanted. What about that triggered your ego? Are you once again upset by the idea that I am proposing someone might be consciously or subconsciously communicating for the purpose of creating drama, arguments and division?

Comment

Are you once again upset by the idea that I am proposing someone might be consciously or subconsciously communicating for the purpose of creating drama, arguments and division?
              I quoted a very specific part of your post, where you stated your theory that he isn't serious, and I answered with "my sweet summer child" which is commonly used to imply naivete in the recipient.

People can be dead serious even when acting irrationally or like assholes (especially when acting like assholes), if that's what they actually mean, what they actually feel.

People who are not serious are the real troll masters, those that show high skill and intelligence in their posts as to disguise their real intentions, as this implies they have 0 emotional attachment to what they say and it's 100% a rational exercise in spreading chaos for its own sake.

But hey, feel free to assume my game, my ego and my gender while you are at it. I'm sure none will mind.
              Last edited by starshipeleven; 26 March 2019, 01:48 PM.

Comment

I quoted a very specific part of your post, where you stated your theory that he isn't serious, and I answered with "my sweet summer child" which is commonly used to imply naivete in the recipient.

People can be dead serious even when acting irrationally or like assholes (especially when acting like assholes), if that's what they actually mean, what they actually feel.

People who are not serious are the real troll masters, those that show high skill and intelligence in their posts as to disguise their real intentions, as this implies they have 0 emotional attachment to what they say and it's 100% a rational exercise in spreading chaos for its own sake.

I don't mean "serious", as-in, heavy-hearted or stern.

I mean "serious", as-in, he is not necessarily presenting his true views. IE kidding / joking / not serious. Trolling is about performing actions to create drama and upset. The things the troll says aren't necessarily anything to do with their true beliefs.

So you disagree with my assessment and think I'm naive. Cool. I don't know why you felt the need to share that with me, but whatever. Hopefully you're done. All I wanted to do, was potentially help Hi-Angel fall into an unnecessary argument with a possible troll.

Comment

Originally posted by krell View Post
                  btw Sun boxes never shipped with vim but rather vi of which there are
                  several clones.
                  You are probably correct, this was close to 20 years ago so my memory is not 100% there (and thankfully we only had to admin those horrible machines on rare occasions). And Reuters obsoleted their whole Triarch system back in 2003 so I have not touched any of their systems in ages.

Comment

Working...
                  X