No announcement yet.

EXT4 & Btrfs Get Additional Fixes With Linux 5.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll wait for it to at least hit Linux, if not a few more releases down the line as it seems fairly new and dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by cynic View Post

There's an experimental branch of Lu Fengqi here https://github.com/littleroad/linux/tree/dedupe_latest , if you are brave enough to test it!
      The github link mentions some error "Failed to load latest commit information", presumably that's why the last commit is noted as June 2016? Doesn't instill much faith :|

Viewing the commit history tab, the 13 commits ahead mentioned are all there and specifically for the de-dupe. Committed at Nov 2018 but originally made back in 2016 from the looks of it(github or git often confuses me when it has variances in dates like that :\), so the last work on it was Nov 2018, and was applying the old 2016 commits/patches to the linux kernel around then(4.19/4.20 I think)? But no actual development since 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by polarathene View Post

The github link mentions some error "Failed to load latest commit information", presumably that's why the last commit is noted as June 2016? Doesn't instill much faith :|

Viewing the commit history tab, the 13 commits ahead mentioned are all there and specifically for the de-dupe. Committed at Nov 2018 but originally made back in 2016 from the looks of it(github or git often confuses me when it has variances in dates like that :\), so the last work on it was Nov 2018, and was applying the old 2016 commits/patches to the linux kernel around then(4.19/4.20 I think)? But no actual development since 2016.
        probably it was a link to a branch that's no more
        last release has been in october 2018. If you browse through the "branch" combo you'll find all the newest releases (which are, however 10 months old)

Comment

Working...
        X