Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.0-rc4 Kernel Released - "Everything Looks Ok"

Phoronix: Linux 5.0-rc4 Kernel Released - "Everything Looks Ok"

Linus Torvalds has returned from his trek to LCA 2019 and released the Linux 5.0-rc4 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This new CoC filtered Torvalds sucks. Not even a F You.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoreauHD View Post
      How can we get him to return to his good old behavior?

Comment

Does anyone know if Freesync is compatible with Radv and how to activate it system wide like a 10-amdgpu.conf option?

Comment

F You. Feel better?

Comment

I can see that this is supposed to be parody of the people who don't like CoCs, but Torvalds never swore or got angry when things were going as expected. Even when things went wrong he wasn't guaranteed to swear or get angry, that only happened when problems were encountered and the people who caused them and/or were responsible for fixing them refused to acknowledge them or insisted they weren't an issue when they clearly were.

IIRC the last of his "Linus Moments" happened last autumn when some muppet at Intel pushed some speculative execution fix that not only still left the targeted issues exploitable, was pretty detrimental to performance. What set him off wasn't the incompetent nature of the fix, but that the muppet in question insisted, repeatedly, that the issues had in fact been fixed and that the performance hit from this particular change (as high as 10% for certain workloads if I'm not mistaken) was completely acceptable.

Comment

You need to take your daily injection of "Prozium II" or I'll report you to the clerics.

Comment

Originally posted by L_A_G View Post
                [...] but Torvalds never swore or got angry when things were going as expected.

Comment

Originally posted by L_A_G View Post
                  IIRC the last of his "Linus Moments" happened last autumn...
                  Some one broke user space again late last year and Linus was pretty mad, although he didn't curse.

To be fair, I can't program and even I know that you don't break user space.

Comment

Working...
                  X