Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Systemd 241 Release Candidate Now Available For Testing

Phoronix: Systemd 241 Release Candidate Now Available For Testing

Systemd doesn't tend to have tagged release candidates or any development releases aside from Git prior to issuing new stable releases, but that's different today with the systemd 241 RC1 debut...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Release candidates? That's a crazy idea, I don't think we'll ever see other software developers doing this

Comment

Originally posted by hreindl View Post

yeah, cheap trolling of a hater boy

watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_AIw9bGogo closely, try it to understand and before you start watching realize that this guy is a FreeBSD developer
      Thanks for this tip, excellent video that almost should be mandatory viewing.

Comment

Originally posted by F.Ultra View Post

Thanks for this tip, excellent video that almost should be mandatory viewing.
        not "almost", but "definitely".

Comment

watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_AIw9bGogo closely, try it to understand and before you start watching realize that this guy is a FreeBSD developer
          It's a good video, I saw it last year and he makes really sound points many of which I agree with. I think you would do well to read the contempt culture article he refers to, and to take to heart the slide at 27:07.

I really like his comment in response to a question at the end of the video (about conflict between systemd authors and the community) - "I don't really know the right way to fix it, but it probably involves a lot more sympathy on both sides."

With that in mind it probably isn't helpful for me to mock systemd for only just stating to release RCs, but I sure am pleased they are doing that finally because it seems like a step towards a more collaborative process

Comment

Systemd is disgusting. I'm glad I'm not using it. And I'm glad I have the freedom not to.

Comment

well, make a club of idiots where you can congratulate each other all day long but leave the world fuck in peace

to you grab your cellphone everytime you see something you won't use to tell it somebody?
              can't you make your own decisions that you need others acknowledge you?
              Charming as ever

Comment

well, make a club of idiots where you can congratulate each other all day long but leave the world fuck in peace

to you grab your cellphone everytime you see something you won't use to tell it somebody?
                can't you make your own decisions that you need others acknowledge you?
                I did not want to support him... I have removed my post anyways.

It seems it is very hard to post at Phoronix...

No, you know what? Those "clubs" do exist. This is not a place where you can only talk about the standard solution.

(Although yes, I know the anti-systemd posts are tiring)

I do not comprehend the second paragraph, but I bet you're going to insult me to the utmost.
                Last edited by tildearrow; 26 January 2019, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Great video, thanks for the post.

Comment

Originally posted by Murple View Post
                    It's a good video, I saw it last year
                    No offense but this video was recorded in 2019.
                    I take it you watched another, similar video or live talk about the same subject, perhaps from the same person.

Comment

Working...
                    X