Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Systemd 241 Paired With Linux 4.19+ To Enable New Regular File & FIFO Protection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hreindl View Post
    well, but how is this a problem for your fucking single-user machine besides "i want, i like, i don't like"
    Because it can have security vulnerabilities as evidenced in this thread. And why would it be "besides" those things?

If someone dislikes a DE's UI, then he of course is going to complain about it, that's standard procedure. Same with systemd (or rather, some systemd components, since the init system/service manager is fine) and problem they're intertwined.

Or you are one of those people who think that having a "upvote" but not a "downvote" is how the world should behave, which is retarded (i.e. you can only say nice things or nothing at all about a specific thing). For special snowflakes who can't handle the heat.

Comment

Originally posted by hreindl View Post
      *lol* and why do you than fight against sandboxing?
      I fight against "sandbox all the apps!" bullshit. Even trusted apps. Which is retarded.

Most of systemd doesn't qualify for that, because it's available to all processes (it's a service / daemon) and so can be exploited by untrusted apps. It's not like a library or an app that other apps don't have access to. So sandboxing it is good.

However, I do not hate systemd because it's sandboxed, if you got the wrong idea. Pretty sure I explained a million times at least why I find it bad, sandboxing wasn't one of them.

Comment

Working...
      X