Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.0-RC2 Kernel Released

Phoronix: Linux 5.0-RC2 Kernel Released

Linus Torvalds has just released the second weekly release candidate for the upcoming Linux 5.0 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Since 20 is the reset number, what will they do when Linux gets to version 20?

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
      Something wonderful, Dave. :-D

Comment

The hangs you had might be this: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=109234
        It was bisected to a bunch of dma patches.

Comment

Will ZFS be supported ? I use it on some servers ...

Comment

it had to be this clown again right?

Yeah dude. Me, Michael and everyone else that has this bug are idiots. The guy who ALREADY **CKING bisected it is also an idiot.

Oh and nice uptime btw, my rc2 at least ran for a full day before crashing. I doubt your OS ever ran for a couple of days judging by the amount of bullshit and misinfo you spread everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by lox_ View Post
              Apparently it won't even compile, as it depends on some kernel symbols that were depracated over a decade ago.

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...ux-5.0-Problem
              Last edited by WonkoTheSaneUK; 14 January 2019, 08:01 AM. Reason: EDIT: Link added

Comment

Originally posted by lox_ View Post
                It usually takes a bit of time for ZFS support the current mainline, though to me it feels that this is has improved in recent times. I went off ZFS for a lot of boxes though.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
                  it will be called Linux NT 1.0 after that

Comment

Linux 5000

Comment

Working...
                    X