No announcement yet.

Systemd 241 Being Prepared With "System Down" Security Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interestingly it seems hreindl has a history of "childish" behaviour, "continuously ranting", contributing to a " toxic environment". My personal favourite is he "contributes nothing to <well known distro> development..."
    ​​
    I don't want to post personally identifiable information but his behaviour is certainly in keeping with his interactions with the wider community. Hey hreindl - it ain't us, its you

Comment

Originally posted by Murple View Post
      Interestingly it seems hreindl has a history of "childish" behaviour, "continuously ranting", contributing to a " toxic environment". My personal favourite is he "contributes nothing to <well known distro> development..."
      ​​
      I don't want to post personally identifiable information but his behaviour is certainly in keeping with his interactions with the wider community. Hey hreindl - it ain't us, its you
      Lol, now he resorted to posting meme pictures. It's like arguing on a gaming forum back in the days full of kids.

I admit I went a bit overboard with insults. Now I think back on it, I shouldn't have went that far. I get triggered easily especially by childish behavior. He's on my ignore list now (from the other thread).

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
        He's on my ignore list now (from the other thread).
        There's another thread?! *turns off computer, pulls out internet cable, smashes fuse box with a hammer, puts bag over my head and starts humming*

(*while dressed as a clown*, obviously)

Comment

Originally posted by hreindl View Post
          syslog-ng: Use-after free in affile_dw_reap resulting in a denial of service
          https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1663935
          Crashing an application and gaining root are not the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by hreindl View Post

likely you don't understand the impact of the problem
            it's flagged as "code execution" at the security news list linking to the bugzilla
            It has the potential, but unlikely. I can see the point you are *trying* to make but this differs from the journald bugs this thread is about because 1) this vulnerability isn't half as serious 2) there is no proof of concept or *actual* exploits known to exist 3) syslog-ng has a very small user base making it an unattractive target 4) if I was worried about overall security of syslog-ng I could remove it (if I was even using it, which I'm not) as a trivial procedure. I could not remove journald without *very significant* effort

Comment

Working...
            X