Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 5.0-rc1 Debuts With New Hardware Support, FreeSync, I3C, High-Res Scrolling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really nice to see Linux get a new 4K font.

There are GPU-based terminal emulators such as Kitty which are powered by OpenGL.
    With a terminal multiplexer such as tmux or GNU screen you can split the terminal into multiple windows.

Modern terminals now support TrueColor. So you can have 16,7 million colors.

Comment

Still no wireguard? :'(
      So it apparently is not as awesome as Linus thought at first?

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        Modern terminals now support TrueColor. So you can have 16,7 million colors.
        He, he, if terminal allow smiles, then that is enough for me

Comment

the 5 number is really a surprise to me.

Comment

I saw in this article that FreeSync is coming in Linux 5.0 for displayport only. https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...features&num=1
            Do you know if it's planned for HDMI any time soon?

Thanks in advance

Comment

And yet wayland bug is still not fixed. If you have 2GPUs and switch between them on wayland the screen goes black for 2 seconds. But with latest AMDGPU commits the screen never comes back. Anybody knows if there is a bug report already or i should post it ?

Comment

1. Did someone already test FreeSync support with 5.0? Does it work out of the box?
                2. What does happen if I connect two monitors. Let's say I play a game on Monitor 1. Can I enable FreeSync to it? What does happen to Monitot 2?

Comment

Working...
                X