Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KohlyKohl View Post
    I can finally play tribal trouble 2.
    Actually you already could... it worked fine for me on 64bit with one of the plugins. Not for other apps though.

Comment

Well, I'm kind a disappointed. I've just installed it, and applets don't work any better or faster than with IcedTea. There is even no cool java splash screen that used to be appearing while applet was being loaded... For those who want to try it out on intrepid ibex, download the JRE, install it, link the (path_to_where_you_installed_jre)/jre/lib/amd64/libnpjp2.so file to your /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins directory, restart the firefox, open the tools->addons, select the plugins tab, enable the libnpjp2.so plugin and disable the icedtea plugin, and restart the firefox once again to be sure the new plugin is loaded. Now enjoy the 64bit java plugin!

Comment

Originally posted by Vadi View Post
        It's spelled "hallujah" in english actually
        Spelling cop :P

Comment

Does anyone have this working yet? I installed the RPM on OpenSuSE 11.0 and the java version comes up correctly, however, when I link the only plugin file I could find, libjavaplugin_jni.so, the plugin does not load in Firefox.

Under /usr/lib64/browser-plugins/

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 52 2008-12-15 13:25 libjavaplugin_jni.so -> /usr/java/jre1.6.0_12/lib/amd64/libjavaplugin_jni.so

Comment

Does anyone have this working yet? I installed the RPM on OpenSuSE 11.0 and the java version comes up correctly, however, when I link the only plugin file I could find, libjavaplugin_jni.so, the plugin does not load in Firefox.

There should be updated packages in the java repo shortly (probably not until 11.1 is released though). I chatted with coolo about it.

Comment

Read DoDoENT's comment. Plugin is libnpjp2.so. It works great for me, at last I have 3D models in java on wowhead.com

Comment

Originally posted by chelobaka View Post
                Read DoDoENT's comment. Plugin is libnpjp2.so. It works great for me, at last I have 3D models in java on wowhead.com
                It fixes my issue of logging into use applets on the gov't websites too.

Comment

Originally posted by Vadi View Post
                  It's spelled "hallujah" in english actually
                  who said that was english?

Comment

Actually alleluia and hallelujah are both acceptable. It comes from the greek work with the hallelujah pronunciation, however, there was no letter 'h' in greek, only a "rough" breathing, shown with a little ' sign on top of the alpha. So hallelujah is technically more true to the original greek word, however, when it was translated from greek in the Bible etc, the 'h' sound was often omitted (as it was not so obvious). Alleluia is a mistake, but it is established none-the-less as a correct spelling
                    /pronunciation of alleluia/hallelujah.

Sorry for rambling on :P, just got carried away...
                    Last edited by Xanikseo; 15 December 2008, 07:17 PM.

Comment

now, I can use sun-jre-bin plugin in epiphany (2.0 firefox)

and icedtea6 for firefox-3.0

too bad, icedtea6 doesn't work in firefox-2.0, and sun-jre-bin doesn't firefox-3

Comment

Working...
                      X