Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dbus Broker 17 Released - No Longer Depends On Glib, Better Isolation With Systemd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Candy View Post

Please make a note, that I usually come with my family and clan members and we are more than just 10-20 people. We don't fight with words, we fight with fists and weapons.

noted but i couldn't care less, if you can maintain sysviit forever with fists and weapons go ahead an do it

i have no problem someone don't want systemd for whatever reason but stop that braindead bullshit of "freedom of choice" - listen, i want a unicorn because i have freedom of choice - i don't get one, i deal with it and stuck to a horse and telling everybody each day that i deserve a unicorn won't change that

the ship has sailed, deal with it or switch to a differrent OS but don't come back crying when they replace their init system with something similar in few years because it's technical advantages, you where simply born too sonn to sit out your knowledge from 30 years ago and be done with it

Comment

Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post
      everybody Understands that changes need to be made, but a forced solution
      god damned nothing is forced - here you go: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/

do it at your won but stop trying to force anybody to do the work for you just because ou are not smart enough to deal with chnages everybody but yu have agreed to

and seriosuly don't expect to be taken serious when repeatly write SystemD

Comment

Above all, it should be created by many parts, has possible, an Abstract API, to control processes sockets and so on..
        This API should be agreed by all, and should works for all systems the same way, regarding that inputs and outputs are in same format..

If this have been done, today you would not be here discussing about this problem in first place..
        your only problem is that nobody asked you in detail - it was implicit agreed by all and for guys like you a own distribution was created, shut up and help there to keep it alive because otherwise it will be gone soon

Comment

In my opinion someone should not put a young person on front of the real Unix based systems, if it doesn´t bear in mind the spirit of Linux and Unix Philosophy.
          That's exactly the situation that *we* are facing with Red Hat (RHEL) systems atm. Fedora allowed associate developers (these young ones) to mess around with *what we call* the core heart of the distribution (yum). We ended up in big troubles for the past 3 years now. Somewhere in the middle we managed to get along with dnf. But this took us a long journey to get there. A lot of rewriting of code from our own infrastructure was necessary because nothing fit - dnf changed much. Now a new bigger regression has shown up and even slipped into a stable distribution like Fedora 28. Again our infrastructure is broken for weeks now. But at the end I can't blame the associate developers - who are paid by Red Hat. The true problem is their floor manager or project leader (in charge of dnf), that let all this nonsenese happen.

A lot has changed within the past 2 decades that I've been using Linux. Some stuff for the better, some stuff for the worse.

I clearly can not recommend any RHEL product anymore within a corporate environment - based on the development of Fedora. A new convervative approach is needed. Maybe Windows 2019 Server or Debian.

Comment

Originally posted by hreindl View Post
            it was implicit agreed by all and for guys like you a own distribution was created
            Actually it was a controversal agreement within the debian camp. Caused a huge fraction of their developers to say good bye to the project. Long standing members and known supporters included.

Comment

I clearly can not recommend any RHEL product anymore within a corporate environment - based on the development of Fedora. A new convervative approach is needed. Maybe Windows 2019 Server or Debian.
              your opinion, not more and not less

i run a whole comapny environment on Fedora for a whole decade
              Firwall, NAT, VOIP, Database, Fileserver, Spamfilters, Webservers, DNS and what not else

that all was installed in 2018 with F9 and made every dist-upgrade *online* with a reboot just like after a random kernel/glibc update and never installed from scratch

so it looks you are doing something wrong while i do something right

DNF at the begin wa a shitload as KDE4 or KDE5, but now it just works and the whole systems are working far better than 10 years ago
              cope with it or leave

Comment

Actually it was a controversal agreement within the debian camp. Caused a huge fraction of their developers to say good bye to the project. Long standing members and known supporters included.
                because you can't get any overall agreement with a shitload of people like you
                again: i hated systemd the state it was introduced but now i like to puke when i have to touch some shitty system with initscripts
                suck it

Comment

so it looks you are doing something wrong while i do something right
                  ... or ...

We have different use cases and address different solutions than you and your small company.

There is no such thing as right or wrong. It's all about compatibility and trust. We need to trust a company for delivering compatible stuff. We don't pay a company for being told how to do things *differently than before*. We pay them because we rely on compatibility and trust. If this is not given anymore then your argument is right. We need to seek an alternative solution where we spent the money in compatibility and trust.

At the end it's all about money.

Comment

... or ...

We have different use cases and address different solutions than you and your small company.

There is no such thing as right or wrong. It's all about compatibility and trust
                    so just stick at RHEL6 and shut up - problem solved - it's not about the money, it's about the brain

i revert your agrumentation; who are you to demand that everything is working like 30 years ago while i am happy with the curetn state of a init-system which deserves that name other than the previous bullshit even not able to care about leftover processes

Comment

so just stick at RHEL6 and shut up - problem solved - it's not about the money, it's about the brain
                      There is no need to be offensive. Maybe you step back for 10 minutes and chill your nuggetz...

Comment

Working...
                      X