Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dbus Broker 17 Released - No Longer Depends On Glib, Better Isolation With Systemd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oiaohm View Post

Another person using the moron tag. SystemD is a company not software please get your trademarks right that company started a decade before Linux existed..

So tuxd3v do you believe that Unix stalled in 1981 when company SystemD formed.
    You need to ask that question to the SystemD guys out there..
    Becasue as I recall it, it was "S"ystem"D", at beginning..and so I tend to call the things with its Original names on them..

But I also can call it "S"ystem"D"own,
    To please some people that use the moron tag, and don´t know of it yet( humm maybe they never will.. )

But never mind...
    Can you imagine a Unix guy calling a init system "S"ystem"D"???
    Even if it came from Alpha Centaurus in a blue space ship?
    Even then, can you still imagine that??

Starting by the name,
    It speaks volumes about the Culture behind, those Windows Hybrid coders..but its not their fault...
    The real fault needs to be pointed to RedHat project Managers... pure incompetence!
    They put those kids coding, like if they were creating a self contained application..and what those kids knew was Windows,they breathe Windows..
    They want to come to Gnu/Linux, because Linux is a trend now, and that is good, but also have its negative side..

I happens to be present at some keypoint Interviews for Jobs, none of the candidates. would be, even in a parallel life capable of naming an Init as "S"ystem"D", those guys don´t pass from first stage of interviews..

And I am not speaking about colour, sex, or race,on the contrary,
    I am speaking about Unix Culture Philosophy and Respect for what it represent...
    A guy naming a init system "S"ystem"D", has **none** of them, and everything to go wrong..

Comment

Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post
      Can you imagine a Unix guy calling a init system "S"ystem"D"???.
      Yes because System D the company made a replacement init for HPUX in 1982. HPUX with SystemD is HPUX using System D company init system predates Linux Systemd by a large margin.

Becasue as I recall it, it was "S"ystem"D", at beginning..and so I tend to call the things with its Original names on them..
      Lennart Poettering and Kay Sievers who are the people who started the Linux Systemd never called it SystemD there were smart enough to know that runs into trademark conflict and is a name of a prior non Linux Init system yes disappeared out of usage before Linux was started. Yes some of the people trolling Systemd have searched SystemD and are quoting HPUX SystemD init errors instead of Linux Systemd issues. Welcome to to fun on name conflicts.

The description of the Systemd name has been known for quite some time.

Really saying I need to ask question of systemd guys is the fact you have not done your homework on what Systemd correct name is and are using garbage.

Comment

(..)
        Lennart Poettering and Kay Sievers who are the people who started the Linux Systemd never called it SystemD there were smart enough to know that runs into trademark conflict and is a name of a prior non Linux Init system yes disappeared out of usage before Linux was started. Yes some of the people trolling Systemd have searched SystemD and are quoting HPUX SystemD init errors instead of Linux Systemd issues. Welcome to to fun on name conflicts.
        (...)
        The name was changed after, and I recall it correctly!
        They name it SystemD, but when they were trolled by the Community, the name was changed..

You need to find a better way to resell the same..

Comment

The name was changed after, and I recall it correctly!
          They name it SystemD, but when they were trolled by the Community, the name was changed..

This is the initial release. Linux systemd did not exist before this post. The day it code was first opened to the public is name was systemd.

It was the trolls after 30 April 2010 who used the SystemD as a reference that linux systemd was as bad as the old Monolithic HPUX SystemD init.

Linux systemd name has always been systemd like it or not. Claiming a name change is attempt to cover up how incomptent you are being. If you cannot get something as simple as the project name right you should not really be talking about it.

Comment

This is the initial release. Linux systemd did not exist before this post. The day it code was first opened to the public is name was systemd.

It was the trolls after 30 April 2010 who used the SystemD as a reference that linux systemd was as bad as the old Monolithic HPUX SystemD init.

Linux systemd name has always been systemd like it or not. Claiming a name change is attempt to cover up how incomptent you are being. If you cannot get something as simple as the project name right you should not really be talking about it.
            What I recall in the past, was to see, caps letters in its name, in Distributions...yeah.

Comment

What I recall in the past, was to see, caps letters in its name, in Distributions...yeah.
              Some distributions yes never Fedora and never the main systemd project.

And you look at the bugs on those packages you will find a bug opened by one of the systemd developer point to this page resulting in them having to correct naming.

Systemd to be correctly typed is all lower case. I sometimes error and type it with a caps a the start. The D capitalised is no longer referring to Linux systemd and should never be treated as correct.

Please note a distribution package maintainer at times can be a troll.

Comment

Working...
              X