No announcement yet.

Systemd Hits A High Point For Number Of New Commits & Contributors During 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Systemd Hits A High Point For Number Of New Commits & Contributors During 2018

Phoronix: Systemd Hits A High Point For Number Of New Commits & Contributors During 2018

With the end of the year upon us, the latest project we're looking at the GitStats on and most popular milestones of the year is for systemd...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Top notch features for 2019!

Systemd booting into Fedora 31, GNOME 3 without Linux Kernel.

Comment

Lol & in 2020 systemd running ex fedora & gnome & all userland binaries...

Comment

And in 2021 it will even run Crysis!

Comment

What's your favorite GNU / systemd distro?

Comment

The Mythbusters proved you could polish a turd. it's still a turd, but ooh shiny.

Comment

Does it come with an built-in kernel yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Candy View Post
                Top notch features for 2019!

For the sake of the argument, imagining it was actually the case, it would be the end of the world brcause...?

Comment

As a user using bleeding edge software, I didn't face a single systemd related issue in the entire year. When I setup my laptop's Arch install a few years back I found systemd boot the easiest to setup with UEFI. Systemd might not follow the Unix philosophy (even Linux doesn't) but it damn works! And that's why distro maintainers also love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Candy View Post
                    unlike losers, systemd requires linux kernel witch certain set of features, so such stupid comment can be made only by clueless hater

Comment

Working...
                    X