Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Systemd Hits A High Point For Number Of New Commits & Contributors During 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    Originally posted by Candy View Post
    Systemd booting into Fedora 31, GNOME 3 without Linux Kernel.
    unlike losers, systemd requires linux kernel witch certain set of features, so such stupid comment can be made only by clueless hater

    Comment


    • #12
      with every systemd commit veteran unix admin's butt is hurt. it is one of things you can watch forever

      Comment


      • #13
        Originally posted by rene View Post
        Does it come with an built-in kernel yet?
        do you have a little brain to understand that linux kernel development requires so much manpower that nobody can compete with it?

        Comment


        • #14
          Originally posted by pal666 View Post
          do you have a little brain to understand that linux kernel development requires so much manpower that nobody can compete with it?
          Your comment is actually a bit rude, don't you think? or was it also meant ironically ..? Btw. aside from THE kernel, there are also various BSD, Haiku, many other things plus Windows and macOS … looks like a little bit of competition to me. However my comment was meant ironically, maybe you missed that, ..!? ;-)

          Comment


          • #15
            Originally posted by pal666 View Post
            with every systemd commit veteran unix admin's butt is hurt. it is one of things you can watch forever
            An ooen source platform free from the VUA state of mind has been a dream of mine for years and years.

            Comment


            • #16
              Originally posted by rene View Post
              Does it come with an built-in kernel yet?
              it doesn't need to, it's Vim's job! :-)

              Comment


              • #17
                Originally posted by slayerizer View Post

                it doesn't need to, it's Vim's job! :-)
                so true ;-) I use nvi though ;-) https://t2sde.org/packages/nvi

                Comment


                • #18
                  Originally posted by babai View Post
                  Systemd might not follow the Unix philosophy
                  It actually does, much more so than script-based init. The "does not follow Unix" is bs stated by people that think that "unix phylosophy = script-friendly"

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    Originally posted by rene View Post
                    Your comment is actually a bit rude, don't you think?
                    That guy is always like this. Maybe Santa didn't find the chimney of his building, so his socks stayed empty this time.

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      Originally posted by Candy View Post
                      That guy is always like this. Maybe Santa didn't find the chimney of his building, so his socks stayed empty this time.
                      Some say he is the Grinch.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X