Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 4.20-rc7 Kernel Released - Linux 4.20 Should Be Released In Time For Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 4.20-rc7 Kernel Released - Linux 4.20 Should Be Released In Time For Christmas

Phoronix: Linux 4.20-rc7 Kernel Released - Linux 4.20 Should Be Released In Time For Christmas

Linus Torvalds has released the seventh weekly release candidate of the Linux 4.20 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    In announcing "Linux 4.20--rc76",
    Wow, this kernel must have been under release candidate for an unusually long time.
    Last edited by tildearrow; 16 December 2018, 09:11 PM.

Comment

So with Linux 4.21-rc1 FreeSync should be working out of the box? Is there any documentation on how to configure it? Forcing it for every game etc. Or should it just be working with FreeSync off?

Comment

cRaZy-bisCuiT You probably know already, but you also need the userspace bits, not just the kernel.

Comment

FreeSync needs compositors support for Wayland. So it won't work out of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by Brisse View Post
            cRaZy-bisCuiT You probably know already, but you also need the userspace bits, not just the kernel.
            Thanks! I hope it will be in place for the upcoming Mesa.

Since there's a lag of non-curved IPS/PVA panel with 144 Hz and 1080p I don't have a monitor anyway. Higher resolutions would stress my system too much.

Comment

Working...
            X