Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "EXT4 Corruption Issue" Has Been Fixed In Linux 4.20, Backport Pending To 4.19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jpg44 View Post
    Is there a command to show the IO scheduler being used and if MQ-Buf is being used?
    See https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=201685

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Most Linux distros where the user is relying upon NVMe SSDs would be affected.
    Not according to the Jens, see https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=201685#c276

Comment

One of my picture trip folders has completely disappeared from my system. I am using an NVME ssd on Fedora 29 (Linux Kernel is 4.19.5). How likely is that this missing folder was caused by this?

These kind of issues make me think I should go for a less rolling distro :S

Comment

Running Linux Mint 19 with no configuration change at all but the 4.19 kernel and I've been impacted. Fsck and back to 4.18 and things look okay.

Comment

Originally posted by JeansenVaars View Post
          One of my picture trip folders has completely disappeared from my system. I am using an NVME ssd on Fedora 29 (Linux Kernel is 4.19.5). How likely is that this missing folder was caused by this?

These kind of issues make me think I should go for a less rolling distro :S
          It is not the "rolling" part that is the issue, it is the "Fedora" part... I am on Archlinux and i had no problem at all...

Comment

ArchLinux also has "linux-lts" in the repository for people who don't want do use bleeding edge kernels. Maybe Fedora has that too? Don't know myself.

Comment

Originally posted by -MacNuke- View Post
              ArchLinux also has "linux-lts" in the repository for people who don't want do use bleeding edge kernels. Maybe Fedora has that too? Don't know myself.
              No, unfortunately. But you can always install the very first kernel which your Fedora $version came with.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                Most Linux distros where the user is relying upon NVMe SSDs would be affected.
                Weirdly, I had it with a sata ssd (pro 850) but don't experience currently it my new build running an nvme one (evo 970).

Comment

Originally posted by bofh80

pursue the RMA and send it back like that
                  /watch?v=dz04GX8XuQo :P

Comment

Already received the 4.19 update that fixes this on Solus this morning.

Comment

So where are all the BTRFS bashing trolls today??

At home restoring their corrupted ext3

Comment

Working...
                      X