Linux 4.19.7 Released With Important PCI Express Fix, New & Improved STIBP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 4.19.7 Released With Important PCI Express Fix, New & Improved STIBP

Phoronix: Linux 4.19.7 Released With Important PCI Express Fix, New & Improved STIBP

Greg Kroah-Hartman has released Linux 4.19.7 today as another rather eventful point release in the Linux 4.19 stable series. He's also updated the older LTS branches too should you be depending upon them...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

There is also a fix for the Ryzen Mobile booting issue included.
    Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Comment

It looks like the blk-mq corruption fix actually is in it.

Comment

Originally posted by bearoso View Post
        its not, but manjaro for example has a patch for it

Comment

First I thought that kernel 4.19 was a good one to stay with. But I realized that it messed up with my docker containers as well as some of the proprietary illumina software that was installed way back. Reverting back to 4.14 LTS fixed all the issues. I am using all these on Manjaro stable.

Docker problem seems to arise from the overlayfs but those suggested fixed did not help me at all.

Comment

Patch releases for 4.19 are piling up fast.

Comment

Regarding docker, for me it worked to delete (well, move away) the /var/lib/docker dir. Restart docker after that and pull. I found this to be the prudent approach when updating kernels and docker wouldn't start afterwards.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. I will note that. I need to see the reason for the illumina software segfaulting now. (They clearly do not segfault in 4.14 but they segfault in 4.19)

Comment

Originally posted by bearoso View Post
                  No.

When was the last time you had your eyesight checked? ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by SkyWarrior View Post
                    First I thought that kernel 4.19 was a good one to stay with. But I realized that it messed up with my docker containers as well as some of the proprietary illumina software that was installed way back. Reverting back to 4.14 LTS fixed all the issues. I am using all these on Manjaro stable.

Docker problem seems to arise from the overlayfs but those suggested fixed did not help me at all.
                    Don't blame the kernel for your own inability to maintain your system. Docker working great here on 4.19.7, it's a longterm stable kernel.

Comment

Working...
                    X