Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 4.20 I/O Scheduler Benchmarks On NVMe SSD Storage

Phoronix: Linux 4.20 I/O Scheduler Benchmarks On NVMe SSD Storage

Complementing the recent Linux 4.19 I/O scheduler benchmarks using SATA 3.0 SSD storage, here are some benchmarks when using the current Linux 4.20 development kernel and also using faster NVMe solid-state storage for benchmarking. Most Linux distributions default to no I/O scheduler in the case of NVMe SSDs, but for your viewing pleasure today is a look at the performance against MQ Deadline, Kyber, and BFQ.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=27193

paolo

Remind me: Is BFQ compiled with low_latency by default or do I need to specify some kernel configuration flag before it's turned on?

Comment

Originally posted by ermo View Post
      paolo

Remind me: Is BFQ compiled with low_latency by default or do I need to specify some kernel configuration flag before it's turned on?
      If low_latency is the default, you don't need to do anything else, but you can confirm via the '/sys/block/DEVICE/queue/iosched/low_latency
      Michael Larabel
      http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Typos:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
        Sequentiual writes
        Originally posted by phoronix View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

If low_latency is the default, you don't need to do anything else, but you can confirm via the '/sys/block/DEVICE/queue/iosched/low_latency
          Code:
          $ cat /sys/block/sda/queue/iosched/low_latency
          Lovely.

Comment

I am using Manjaro and so far I had none scheduler for my NVME disks , I guess I will try with BFQ.

Also if cat /sys/block/DEVICE/queue/iosched/low_latency = 1 means that is low latency mode?

Comment

Originally posted by wolfyrion View Post
              I am using Manjaro and so far I had none scheduler for my NVME disks , I guess I will try with BFQ.

Also if cat /sys/block/DEVICE/queue/iosched/low_latency = 1 means that is low latency mode?
              Yes 1 means enabled/on.
              Michael Larabel
              http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by wolfyrion View Post

I thought Manjaro defaulted to BFQ already

Comment

That is a mighty fine CPU.

Comment

Cool, I like it. The startup times benches pretty much shows how the desktop responsiveness would feel.

Comment

Working...
                    X