No announcement yet.

Linux 4.19.7 Getting Revised STIBP Code, Important PCIe Fix For Radeon GPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got hit with the ext4 bug several times this last weekend. Avoiding the 4.19 kernel until a fix is found.

Originally posted by Aeder View Post
    I wonder if ALC300 is supported with the same quality as ALC1220, where the mic is still unusable on pulseaudio and noisy on ALSA.
    ALC1220 works fine here, mic and all. I do suffer from noise in the front panel, but that happens under Windows too.

Comment

Every time I've tried to install kernel 4.19 it will just give me a blank screen with a cursor in the top left; decided not to try and fix it and just wait and see if future releases resolve it and staying back on 4.18.17 which has been working well for me. I'm using an R7 370 with a PCIe 2.0 motherboard so I wonder if this was the reason.

Comment

Originally posted by V10lator View Post

It even affects PCIe 2.

//EDIT: To be more precise: The problem was that the driver incorrectly detected every PCIe generation as being 3.0.
        That's some serious quality programming there.

Comment

Originally posted by DrYak View Post

For very specific workloads that are purely GPU-bound and CPU-agnostic.
          Probably GPGPU.

- There are threads about people using modern PCIe3.0 Radeons (on older AMD FX-8xxx processors) to run the OpenCL Cycles renderer in Blender.
          - Runing neural nets in OpenCL would be another possibility.
          (And I'm sure the crypto currency crowd has a couple of example of stuff that runs perfectly on GPU. I'm just too lazy to check which ones are currently GPU-mined)
          Raises hand in agreement with an FX-8350 on a Gigabyte 990FX PCI-E 2.0 motherboard waiting for ROCm to ``just work'' with Blender.

Comment

Originally posted by Melcar View Post
            Got hit with the ext4 bug several times this last weekend. Avoiding the 4.19 kernel until a fix is found.

ALC1220 works fine here, mic and all. I do suffer from noise in the front panel, but that happens under Windows too.
            What motherboard and bios version do you have?

My ALC1220's mic works perfectly fine under Windows both front and back panels. On Linux it's unusable.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeder View Post

What motherboard and bios version do you have?

My ALC1220's mic works perfectly fine under Windows both front and back panels. On Linux it's unusable.
              Gigabyte x370 gaming k7. Using the F22 bios (latest bios has problems with Linux). I'm not the kind that uses the mic often, but it does work fine for what I use it for (video calls)

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
                Raises hand in agreement with an FX-8350 on a Gigabyte 990FX PCI-E 2.0 motherboard waiting for ROCm to ``just work'' with Blender.
                That config should be supported today using the -PRO drivers, and should work with ROCm as well with Vega10 IIRC. Which GPU are you using ?
                Test signature

Comment

Working...
                X