Systemd 240 Continues Picking Up New Features Ahead Of The Holidays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
    I use Arch Linux (which is kind of surprising because it is supposed to be lightweight)
    I ran Arch updates Saturday morning (12/1) and my systems seems to have slowed down by 25% or more. Might be the newest spectre patch.

Comment

Originally posted by lowflyer View Post
      At which point in time does systemd stop "picking up new features" and starts fixing the broken features?

... and why on earth does this remind me of Qt?
      Which parts specifically are broken?

Other than that systemd is not going to stop picking up new features. One of the project's goal statements is to pick up new features continuously as new needs and use cases emerge. It will never be "finished" in the sense of not evolving any further, or if you wish, each release is "finished" by itself, and then a new development cycle begins.

Just like the Linux kernel, really.

Comment

Originally posted by lowflyer View Post
        At which point in time does systemd stop "picking up new features" and starts fixing the broken features?
        They are doing both, adding new features and fixing bugs. One does not exclude the other. Where's your bug report?

... and why on earth does this remind me of Qt?
        Probably because you're a flaming noob that shouldn't worry about development of complex Linux components.

Comment

Originally posted by arokh View Post
          Probably because you're a flaming noob that shouldn't worry about development of complex Linux components.
          .. and lookey here, who's flaming as well ..

Comment

Working...
          X