Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 4.20-RC4 Released As The "Shy Crocodile"

Phoronix: Linux 4.20-RC4 Released As The "Shy Crocodile"

Linus Torvalds has announced the fourth weekly test release of the in-development Linux 4.20 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Shy crocodile? Surely an euphemism for SJWs! We lost linus, he's now brainwashed and the kernel code quality will be ruined!!1!1!

The good news is that spectre hasn't nuked kernel performance (yet)
    Let's hope it stays so for the coming months...

Comment

Originally posted by AsuMagic View Post
      Shy crocodile? Surely an euphemism for SJWs! We lost linus, he's now brainwashed and the kernel code quality will be ruined!!1!1!

At least that is a weirder codename than "People's Front".
      Last edited by tildearrow; 25 November 2018, 08:33 PM. Reason: more corrections

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        but there are few young people who know where does that come from
        That must mean I'm not old enough... could you please dare to explain? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by lucrus View Post

That must mean I'm not old enough... could you please dare to explain? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Damn, my money was on "blaze it"

Comment

uh, ok. I'm italian, and foreign movies are all dubbed in italian here, so I have hard time understanding a english chat. However I've found the script, ahah, funny! Here it is for others:

Comment

Originally posted by AsuMagic View Post

The next may well be something like "Tender TNT"

Comment

Originally posted by lucrus View Post
                  uh, ok. I'm italian, and foreign movies are all dubbed in italian here, so I have hard time understanding a english chat. However I've found the script, ahah, funny! Here it is for others:

http://montypython.50webs.com/script...of_Brian/8.htm
                  I can actually understand spoken english in movies and such, but I still can't grasp why monty python is funny.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                    I can actually understand spoken english in movies and such, but I still can't grasp why monty python is funny.
                    I think thanks to a mix of irreverent references and overly stupid characters in a political/philosophical/religious (or otherwise serious) context.

Comment

Working...
                    X