Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Benchmarks Of The Performance Pullback In Linux 4.20

Phoronix: More Benchmarks Of The Performance Pullback In Linux 4.20

Last night I published some benchmarks after finding Linux 4.20 is regressing in several workloads compared to Linux 4.18/4.19 and at least was affecting Intel Core i9 "HEDT" boxes. Here are more affected workloads regressing on Linux 4.20 and it's not just limited to high-end hardware...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...mance-Pullback

It would be nice if titles in this and the previous articles have been using "4.20rc2" instead of just "4.20", so to not confuse people who can come here from a search engine later in cycle, when the regression is fixed.

Comment

thanks for doing this, hopefully you can get to the exact commit and report it

Comment

Great stuff, Michael, thanks! That's why I'm happy to be a phoronix premium member

Comment

Originally posted by treba View Post
          Great stuff, Michael, thanks! That's why I'm happy to be a phoronix premium member
          Thanks for your support!
          Michael Larabel
          http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

The first thing I wondered seeing your headline was "is it possible to bisect this?" and turns out you're already on it. Thanks Michael!

Comment

Great work Michael!

Comment

It's weird so little official automated testing happens that Phoronix can find general regressions like this. I think Michael should get some sponsorship from the linux foundation for all the testing he provides.
                Last edited by varikonniemi; 11-16-2018, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Maybe the devs are patching some new spectre and meltdown holes? There are new reports and new attack mechanisms.

Comment

Make Linux Floppy Again
                    make eve drop apple

Comment

Working...
                    X