EXT4 Getting Many Fixes In Linux 4.20, Including For Some Really Old Leaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXT4 Getting Many Fixes In Linux 4.20, Including For Some Really Old Leaks

Phoronix: EXT4 Getting Many Fixes In Linux 4.20, Including For Some Really Old Leaks

Last month I reported on a number of fixes for really old bugs in the EXT4 code with some of the issues dating back to the Linux 2.6 days in the EXT3 file-system code that was carried over to the EXT4 driver. Those fixes are now working their way into the Linux 4.20 stable kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm pretty sure that isn't a sufficient leak test. You need a decent sized pressure washer to really get all those pesky SMDs on the PCB...

Comment

Use Dawn liquid next time

Comment

the major problem is that hard drives seem to suffer during activities and when the amount of RAM begin to decrease the space, the activity of hard drive begins to be so intense to block the operating system. I have an XP old machine and the process to manage any hard drive is light without any noise and without any stress. Was the patch to improve the I/O speed up to 400% ever implemented? NO NEWS ABOUT THIS. Problem of linux OSs is the development or the developers.
        Last edited by Azrael5; 12 November 2018, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
          the major problem is that hard drives seem to suffer during activities and when the amount of RAM begin to decrease the space, the activity of hard drive begins to be so intense to block the operating system. I have an XP old machine and the process to manage any hard drive is light without any noise and without any stress. Was the patch to improve the I/O speed up to 400% ever implemented? NO NEWS ABOUT THIS. Problem of linux OSs is the development or the developers.
          Why are you posting the same comment in multiple threads? Hope you realize that people don't take trolls seriously. If you are serious open an official bug report maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky View Post

Why are you posting the same comment in multiple threads? Hope you realize that people don't take trolls seriously. If you are serious open an official bug report maybe?
            why are you asking?

Comment

Working...
            X