Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QEMU 3.1 Begins Its Release Dance With 3.1.0-RC0

Phoronix: QEMU 3.1 Begins Its Release Dance With 3.1.0-RC0

The initial release candidate of the upcoming QEMU 3.1 is now available for this important piece of the open-source Linux virtualization stack...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hopefully Debian unstable / testing will get it. It didn't even get 3.0 yet.

Comment

Not only Debian did not get QEMU 3.0, there's even no LXC 3.0 at all, so I had to stay in Ubuntu to get the latest packages in Ubuntu Server 18.04. Well, so much for Debian's so-called "rolling release."

Comment

Does it support accelerated 3D for Windows and OSX guests? What CPU needed? I Need to test 3d apps, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by mike456 View Post
          Does it support accelerated 3D for Windows and OSX guests? What CPU needed? I Need to test 3d apps, thanks.
          From what I am aware of, there isn't really a vendor agnostic solution that works on either a Windows or OSX guest.

If you have the right Intel CPU, you can use GVT-g. However, it is only supported for Windows guests.

Otherwise, you are probably going to have to pass through a physical GPU instead.

Comment

Working...
          X