Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 4.19.1 Released While 4.20~5.0 Merge Window Ends Today

Phoronix: Linux 4.19.1 Released While 4.20~5.0 Merge Window Ends Today

Greg Kroah-Hartman this morning released Linux 4.19.1 as the first point release to Linux 4.19 that debuted two weeks ago today...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo?

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    broken Wane-On-LAN

Comment

4.19 still has the 144hz display bug on AMD cards. Bummer.

I've found one thread so far on another site with someone having the same exact problem. He's using Vega and KDE/arch. I'm on Ubuntu 18.10/GNOME and using an RX480.

If anyone has more info, please share. I might need to make that bug ticket already.

Comment

>Meanwhile later today Linus Torvalds is
        >expected to release Linux 5.0-rc1, or Linux
        >4.20-rc1

I expect possible two day delay due to

AMD's Zen 2 Could be Revealed on November 6th, "Next Horizon" Event Scheduled
        by dmartin Friday, November 2nd 2018 12:55

AMD Investor Relations will host a "Next Horizon" event on November 6th, and although there is no confirmation on what products will be announced there, the title alone makes us think about AMD's Zen 2 architecture. The company has just explained that on that day their executives will "discuss the i...

Comment

Originally posted by perpetually high View Post
          4.19 still has the 144hz display bug on AMD cards. Bummer.

I've found one thread so far on another site with someone having the same exact problem. He's using Vega and KDE/arch. I'm on Ubuntu 18.10/GNOME and using an RX480.

If anyone has more info, please share. I might need to make that bug ticket already.
          I'm on Manjaro with a Rx580 and can't confirm that it is a general thing...normally running 120 hz, but just tried 144 and that is also fine

Comment

Spar64 = spark64?

Comment

Originally posted by Termy View Post

I'm on Manjaro with a Rx580 and can't confirm that it is a general thing...normally running 120 hz, but just tried 144 and that is also fine
              Appreciate the feedback. On my machine it's only 144hz that exhibits the problem, when I set it to 120hz everything is fine. But it just feels silly not to use 144hz with my setup so I went back to 4.18 (compiled 4.18.17 and still all is well). The distortion is on the right hand side by the way, it's subtle if you're just taking a quick glance.

I also compiled amd-staging-drm-next yesterday and that had the problem too, so if it is amdgpu/drm related, the problem is still there I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
                Spar64 = spark64?
                I missed it! SPARC64

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

I missed it! SPARC64
                  Ha! And yet you still managed to catch another one.

Comment

Hopefully next cycle they will fix the blank screen I experience on ultrawide monitors with the RX460.

Comment

Working...
                    X