Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samsung Comments On Open-Source Restructuring

Phoronix: Samsung Comments On Open-Source Restructuring

Over the weekend we reported on the Samsung Open-Source Group reportedly shutting down with many of the former OSG staffers in the US no longer employed by Samsung. We've now received comments both from Samsung in the US and Korea on the matter...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Too bad job postings are on linkedin. I honestly always wondered, why are people using that site — you can't even see posts until you registered, that's some bad design.

Besides, it's blocked in my country. No regrets, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hi-Angel View Post
      Too bad job postings are on linkedin. I honestly always wondered, why are people using that site — you can't even see posts until you registered, that's some bad design.
      It's not bad design. It's intentional. You're really stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by brad0 View Post

Nope pretty much bad design. It is sort of like a company charging you an application fee to apply for a job.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post

Nope pretty much bad design. It is sort of like a company charging you an application fee to apply for a job.
          That would make sense if LinkedIn was a paid service but it's not; it's FREE. Still very stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Hi-Angel View Post

Besides, it's blocked in my country. No regrets, though.
            I wanted once to create a profile there to help me with presentation while searching for a new job, but in the meantime it was acquired by Microsoft and for privacy reasons I stopped before doing it.
            So maybe the bad design it's just the usual way of things of what Microsoft touches, turns to badware, like Nokia, Skype, soon Github.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
              So maybe the bad design it's just the usual way of things of what Microsoft touches, turns to badware, like Nokia, Skype, soon Github.
              Actually LinkedIn was terrible even before the acquisition: If you had gmail, it silently went through your contacts and tried to match you up. Creepy stuff.

Comment

well, the email that I sent to an open source developer at samsung bounced, so...

Comment

As far as I know LinkedIn always asked if you want to look for connections in your contacts, and that is something a lot of social media sites do

Comment

Originally posted by brad0 View Post

That's a harsh comment. And people wonder why we need Codes of Conduct.
                    Bad design can be intentional, by the way; they are not mutually exclusive, as your comment implies, and judging something as "bad" means defining criteria. If linked in wants to get traffic to job postings, it is silly to make it accessible only to registered users. Most job boards don't act like that, in my experience. However, I don't know what LinkedIn actually does, I'm just saying that if the original comment is true, it may in fact by bad design based on the objective of getting as many viewers as possible, based on what other job sites do. On the other hand, if it maximises LinkedIn revenue and/or data mining, it may be a good choice.

Comment

Working...
                    X