Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dbus-Broker Is Still A Faster User-Space-Based D-Bus

Phoronix: Dbus-Broker Is Still A Faster User-Space-Based D-Bus

With BUS1 still appearing out in the distant for the mainline Linux kernel as an in-kernel IPC mechanism, dbus-broker is the year-and-a-half long effort so far at making a faster D-Bus compliant implementation in user-space...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

systemd? Does dbus-broker require systemd, or is it just to attract forum posts?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      systemd? Does dbus-broker require systemd, or is it just to attract forum posts?
      If using its compatibility launcher, systemd is required. Yes and there wasn't really a better category to use plus ASG effectively being what was the systemd conference.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        Everything requires systemd these days!!!!!!!!

Comment

2 of 7 links don't point back to phoronix, is anything ok over there?

Comment

Linus himself had to tell them that the performance problem of dbus was in the poor implementation, not in the context switches. I'm glad they finally figured that out.

Comment

Would this yield any performance benefit for desktop use?

Comment

Originally posted by gens View Post
                Linus himself had to tell them that the performance problem of dbus was in the poor implementation, not in the context switches. I'm glad they finally figured that out.
                Performance wasn't the only thing they were after, they also wanted fine-grained security. The latter is now being implemented through at least dbus-proxy (which has a performance impact compared to kdbus)

Comment

Originally posted by gens View Post
                  nobody figured that out except you. reimplementing dbus daemon does not make context switches magically go away, so they still present performance problem

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Everything requires systemd these days!!!!!!!!
                    I suspect Vistaus' post is meant as /sarcasm but I can but offer the following in rebuttal":

All of the systemD fanboi community would say, "NO WAY! Look at the documentation on http://<whatever> and you will find that everything is OPTIONAL. It all depends upon how systemD was built for your distribution."
                    Last edited by NotMine999; 04 October 2018, 01:14 AM. Reason: Fix a typo

Comment

Working...
                    X