Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    That's history.
    Nowadays knowing if you are talking to women and men does not really benefit the speaker much. Gender roles are pretty much a thing of the past in most western countries. Women use pants if they want, choose their jobs and all that, there is no standard anymore. Everyone is just himself, or the job role.

Special snowflakes are just an additional confirmation that all this is obsolete bullshit and should be dropped asap, but this stuff was already obsolete even before them.
    In a conversation between 2 people only 1st person ("I", "me") and 2nd person ("you") pronouns would be used. The only time you use 3rd person pronouns ("he", "she") is when referring to a 3rd party.

Comment

Originally posted by Kushan View Post
      So just to be clear, the subject of Wireguard being merged into the Linux Kernel managed to devolve into a debate about gender within 2 comments?

Well done guys, you're only confirming the stereotype that the linux community is hostile and unwelcoming. You're exactly the reason why that code of conduct was created.

If you don't like it, maybe take a look in the mirror.
      If you look at the tone of all the comments in the thread, your comment is the only one that is hostile and aggressive. Nobody else was being hostile or unwelcoming, we were having a pleasant and civilized conversation.

Comment

Forum software developers really need to finish off support for the <sarcasm> tag.

Comment

Originally posted by aorth View Post
          Jason Donenfeld is a genuinely awesome person. Read his message about the patch on the LKML. He credits every single person who gave him an idea. He pushes relevant changes through several subsystem branches, each with their own maintainer. Do you know how much work that is, maintaining all those branches, remotes, change sets, constantly rebasing them, fixing merge conflicts etc? Then of course he's writing an advanced next-generation VPN. Stellar guy!
          Thanks. Indeed the merge conflicts and constantly rebasing and modifying commits mid-series is really a cumbersome task. I put my scripts to make this easier online, if you're curious. In particular, check out ./zip-up-changed-files.sh. It puts most changes into the right commit automatically, leaving less for me to sort out manually. From https://git.zx2c4.com/linux-dev/log/ click "[DO NOT UPSTREAM] integration tree maintainer scripts".

Comment

Originally posted by Spazturtle View Post

If you look at the tone of all the comments in the thread, your comment is the only one that is hostile and aggressive. Nobody else was being hostile or unwelcoming, we were having a pleasant and civilized conversation.
            Maybe it's considered by some that intelligently debating topics in public is aggressive and hostile? No, that's not what I think. They sentenced Socrates to death you know, for examining life.

Anyway, my life is ready for WireGuard. Especially on Android.

Comment

Originally posted by phoenix_rizzen View Post
              Forum software developers really need to finish off support for the <sarcasm> tag.
              Maybe you should propose a <sarcasm> element to the W3C or the WHATWG.
              Until then you could use a class perhaps. Such as <p class="sarcasm"> or <span class="sarcasm">

Comment

Does Network Manager have support for WireGuard?
                Can I use a GUI or do I need to use the CLI?

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                  Does Network Manager have support for WireGuard?
                  Can I use a GUI or do I need to use the CLI?
                  NetworkManager VPN Plugin: Wireguard. Contribute to max-moser/network-manager-wireguard development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

Working...
                  X